cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ademasie
Occasional Member - Level 1

Alerts on Flight expense

I uploaded my receipt for a flight that was eventually cancelled, but I get these two Alerts that I don't know what to do about:

The entry has prepopulated payment type with no credit card information. You must select a valid payment type for the entry before you can submit the expense report.

This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method.

Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ademasie I went in and looked at your expense report with this flight. It appears from the receipt that the airfare was paid for on a card that is not your assigned company card. I saw that the last digits of the two cards used for the Travel Agent Fee and the Airfare were not the same. So, what was the credit card used to pay for the airfare? If it was a personal card, then what you do is open your expense report, then click on the expense that shows as pending card transaction. This will open the expense details. You will see a Payment Type field. click the drop down arrow for this field and choose Cash from the drop down. I provided a screenshot below. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Oh, if the Airfare was not purchased on your personal card, do you know what card was used? 

KevinD_0-1631658916925.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ademasie I went in and looked at your expense report with this flight. It appears from the receipt that the airfare was paid for on a card that is not your assigned company card. I saw that the last digits of the two cards used for the Travel Agent Fee and the Airfare were not the same. So, what was the credit card used to pay for the airfare? If it was a personal card, then what you do is open your expense report, then click on the expense that shows as pending card transaction. This will open the expense details. You will see a Payment Type field. click the drop down arrow for this field and choose Cash from the drop down. I provided a screenshot below. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Oh, if the Airfare was not purchased on your personal card, do you know what card was used? 

KevinD_0-1631658916925.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tpalms81
New Member - Level 2

Hey Kevin,

I work for Stryker and have a similar issue. 

1. My personal card is attached to my profile 

2. It says my flight is not attach to a credit card transaction

3. I only have "out of pocket" or "pending card transaction" for drop down options

tpalms81
New Member - Level 2

You cannot expense a travel itinerary.
This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method.
You may not submit trips without matching credit card entries.
This transaction has an e-receipt attached but it hasn't been charged to the AMEX.
You must attach a receipt image to this expense.