cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidUOP
Occasional Member - Level 3

Adding honorifics to the Title drop down.

Has anyone tried getting more titles added to the drop down?  At the moment we have a fairly standard list but we do have a few staff members that have failed on import due to having 'Mx' as their title in our HR system.

I've been told we can't get any more added and that the system can't handle it (which I find hard to believe), but that is from when we first got the system 2+ years ago.  

Before I raise a call for it, do we know if this has changed of late?

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidUOP I can't say for 100% certainty, but I don't believe that drop down can be added to. Question...why do your employees have Mx as their title in your HR system? Is that by design? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DavidUOP

Hi Kevin,

It is yes, we have some staff that prefer to use the gender neutral title of Mx.  It's been around for a fair few years now (see Wiki-Mx ), and we tend to see this a lot in systems developed outside of the UK where it isn't so widely adopted.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidUOP is that field mandatory in your site? Are these employees adamant about having this honorific on their profile?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DavidUOP

It's not mandatory, but it is the preferred title for those staff that choose to use it (small % of total) and it's legally recognised in the UK in a number of areas.  At the moment we have to manually adjust our import file to get them in and they have to use a standard honorific in the system from that point on.

It's not a deal breaker as it's easily got around, but more of a frustration as it adds an extra layer of work and causes a delay in their accounts being created when they do pop up. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidUOP I understand the extra work. I went into your site to see what items are currently in the list and it is the same as what I see when I go to my profile. I was hoping the lists might be different because that could have meant the list could be customized. I'm asking someone on our Travel team to see if it is possible or not, but I think it is a static list for now. I'll let you know if she says otherwise.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
smhauck
New Member - Level 2

Hi. I have the same issue. We'd really like to get Mx added as an honorific. How do we go about doing this? Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@smhauck this isn't something that can be customized site by site. You would need to submit the suggestion through our Customer Engagement Initiative. You can read about it here: https://community.concur.com/t5/What-s-New-in-Product/New-CEI-Program/ba-p/27025

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey