cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamie_wbd
Occasional Member - Level 1

Adding a Delegate

Hello,

I am trying to add a back-up to an approver for a VP. We had a VP out of the office for a few weeks unexpectedly; while he was out a user needed to get reimbursed for some meeting items. The expense just sat and waited for the approver to return.

Wondering if there is a way Concur will automatically forward an expense report to a back-up approver if the primary approver is not available.

Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
cjmarimo
Super User
Super User

Hello @jamie_wbd,

I don't think there is an alternative approval option.

For this there is the role of delegate. That is, the functions of an approver can be delegated to an alternative approver permanently or for a period.

cjmarimo_0-1725461238391.png

BR,

cj

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jvita
Occasional Member - Level 3

This can be handled within your workflows (Concur Professional) or Approval Routing (Concur Standard).

In Professional, there is a setting called Approval Time Expired Action that can be configured to handle this scenario. You may need to work with Concur support to change some of these options. More details: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Workflow_General.pdf

Details here for Standard (we're on Pro, so I'm not sure exactly how the configuration works, best to contact support): https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/ConcurPremier/SG_Exp/SG_Exp_Approval_Routing... 

Solution
cjmarimo
Super User
Super User

Hello @jamie_wbd,

I don't think there is an alternative approval option.

For this there is the role of delegate. That is, the functions of an approver can be delegated to an alternative approver permanently or for a period.

cjmarimo_0-1725461238391.png

BR,

cj

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamie_wbd both of the options mentioned by @cjmarimo and @jvita will work. The faster option is to set up an approving delegate as @cjmarimo mentioned. A lot less involved in this and it can be temporary (if your site is set up for this) or removed when no longer needed, very easily.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.