cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newuserlearning
Occasional Member - Level 2

Adding Multiple Receipts to create a new line for each receipt?

Hello, 

I use Concur typically once every week. Each expense report is approx 40 line items. 

Challenge: I use ExpenseIT, currently I have to upload the 40 images - (one by one) - one for each receipt separately. I tried with Multipage ON - it bundles them all in one receipt. Thats not what I want. 

I am looking for a solution where I can upload the 40 images in one go - and each image is represented a SEPARATE line item (expense). 

Is there such an option? If not, could this be added to a future release as I am sure it would benefit many. 

6 REPLIES 6
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@newuserlearning  Hello!  Thank you for reaching out 🙂  

As of September 2023, receipts sent to receipts@concur.com will now be processed exclusively by ExpenseIt  for Companies who has purchased the ExpenseIt service. This feature change applies only to selected countries at this time (US, UK, CA, AU) but will be rolled out to all users in all markets starting in November 2023.

How It Works
Receipts emailed to receipts@concur.com will now go through OCR and ExpenseIt will then automatically create an expense entry under the User's 'Available Expenses. Users also will have the opportunity to review and make changes to the expense entries.

Please note that this feature works with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), as well as it tries to analyze historical data from the user's profile and previous Expenses. This might lead to incorrectly assigned Expense Types or wrongly recognized descriptions/amounts. This feature uses ML models, which might vary from field to field, to analyze this text and to make the best prediction. These models can consider things such as where the text is located on a receipt and information in a user’s SAP Concur profile, to make an informed prediction. Performance and Machine Learning generally improves over time as more receipts are analyzed in a specific company configuration environment.

Each field has its own unique set of challenges when it comes to forming a prediction. Factors such as low-quality receipt images, limited historical usage from the user or company, unsupported languages, and handwritten information may contribute to less accurate results.

See also article on What are the best practices sending images at receipts@concur.com?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

I hope this helps!  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
newuserlearning

Thanks @MelanieT - appreciate sharing the new advancement on emailing receipts. 

To achieve an expense report with 40 different expense line items - the question still remains - can I send one email with 40 receipts attached (as pics); or do I need to send 40 separate emails with one receipt each?

Many thanks

MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

If you use the mobile app, you can enter all the information once and select Separate Receipts when you get to the end and are ready to upload.  Each receipt will be one line item.

newuserlearning

Thanks @MSteele - I do use the Mobile app. 

Using ExpenseIT - if I choose multiple receipts - Its creates one large receipt file with 40 pages - and only one corresponding line item - instead of 40. 

Could you share the steps how you achieved what you have described above? 

MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @newuserlearning - I wish I could.  I have an Android phone and just took multiple photos with the app, but I wasn't given the option if I wanted one large receipt or separate receipts. They just all showed up as separate receipts.  However, when I've watched iPhone users with the app, they have gotten the message asking how they wanted the receipts sent.  It's odd that the app doesn't act the same way for Android and iPhone.

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@newuserlearning Thanks for the follow up. I believe each email would create an available receipt.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.