cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Implementation of CGST and SGST for India

With the introduction of GST by the Indian government, many multinational clients have adjusted their implementations to cater to this requirement. This post is to discuss the challenges faced and the solutions adopted.

Our first challenge was that there was no standard solution published by Concur when SAP came out with its own recommendations for the ERP. We have to admit that the introduction of the new government mandate was sudden.

The next challenge was the locations in India were not associated with the states. We went through a mapping exercise. One finding is that a couple of states like Uttaranchal were not defined. SO we had to set these up as well.

Next comes the modification of expense entry forms. We evaluated the VAT on expense types and decided to limit the new setup for only 5 expense types out of a total exceeding 30. This was to keep things simple for the users.

Next came the Tax authority set up. The Indian setup now resembles that for Canada. The complexity is driven by the number of registered entities you have in India.

You will have to set up a manual tax calculation and open up the Tax fields for user input. This is because the calculation of tax base amount is not straightforward and it is not easy to mimic the tax calculation specified on the receipts. So allow users to input based on receipts.

Final tweaks were required to handle tax on itemized entries. Calculate tax link is only available on parent entries and we had to switch off the copy down on new GST related fields as the itemized entries may have different rates of GST. We wanted to avoid accidental change at parent level from changing child entries. I know that there is a big popup. However, users are used to ignoring popups.

A question that remains is to determine how to manage change in tax rates. If 3 out of 4 rates change, will we end up with 7 values in the drop-down? If yes, how long do we maintain the old values?

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
11 REPLIES 11
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

The above post does not talk about changes to master data programs feeding data into Concur and posting program for posting documents in ERP system as these are essentially changes outside Concur system. Mentioning this as a comment because they are still within an organizations T&E ecosystem.

Best Regards,
Rohan
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

<duplicate post deleted>

Best Regards,
Rohan
vikesh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Rohan,

Your post is very useful. Much appreciated.

Our organisation also has plan to setup GST configutation for India in Concur. Can you please guide me more on CGST/SGST setup. Do you have any document available for the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Vikesh

Justyna

Hello Vikesh, Our organization has some locations in India and I will be responsible for the Expense module implementation there. Could you please share with me best practices/ lessons learned for this particular configuration? Especially higly appreciated would be anything concerning taxes, because reading this discussion I can see it may be a challenge. Thank you Justyna
S0019810788

Hello Justyna

Could you please share with me, how you handle the intergration Tax CGST and SGST for India ? In my client there is an error posting from Concur to SAP

not able to post the multiple Tax for CGST and SGST from Concur XML data file to SAP.

Appreciate you can share the information to me, many thank you.

thanks and best regards

Weiheng

Marlene37

Hi, 

In my company we are also struggling to implement CGST/SGST with Concur & our SAP erp. 

We are getting different error messages, could you please share with us how you finally set up your Concur for it ? Any documentations anything that could help us ? 

Thank you 

Marlene 

S0019810788

Hello Justyna, could you please share with me, how you handle the intergration Tax CGST and SGST for India ? In my client there is an error posting from Concur to SAP, seem look like the CL_CTE Program not able to post the multiple Tax for CGST and SGST from Concur XML data file to SAP.Appreciate you can share the information to me, many thank you.  thank you and best regards Weiheng

Marlene37

Hi Vikesh, 

In my company we are also struggling to implement CGST/SGST with Concur & our SAP erp. 

We are getting different error messages, could you please share with us how you finally set up your Concur for it ? Any documentations anything that could help us ? 

Thank you 

Marlene 

victorwc

Hi @patilr1982 

Thank you for sharing your insight!

My company is going to implement Concur T&E and Invoice to our Indian local subsidiary.

Could you kindly share your insight and experience on this subject?

I already found out one material regarding of this but it is only for promotion, not mentioning details of configuration.

https://www.concur.co.in/sites/default/files/in/unbox_gst.pdf

It would be appreciated if you can share your wisdom.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Wei

Crina
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello,

My company will implement Concur in our India subsidiary, too and I would like to see the details of the configuration. Unfortunately the link you shared is no longer available. Could you please share more details?

Thank you 

Crina
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello patilr1982,

My company will implement Concur in our India subsidiary, too and I would like to see the details of the configuration. Could you please share more details?

Thank you