cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meghannoel
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Traveler Safety Mandate

Are there any travel programs/clients out there that currently mandate use of TripLink, TripIt Pro or other solutions as part of a Duty of Care strategy? For example: We cannot guarantee your travel safety and security if you don't either use Concur Travel/TMC to book OR email your itinerary/plans into Concur via plans@tripit.com or use TripLink. 

e.g. If we don't know where you are, we cannot guarantee duty of care for you.

Best practices? Thoughts? Feedback?

3 REPLIES 3
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

It's mandated but not enforced.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Meghan,
Great question! Knowing where your traveller is all the time whilst on official business is a huge duty of care issue facing organizations - penalties for not demonstrating this duty of care are now both civil and criminal (in Australia anyway). I use International SoS in conjunction with my Travel Management Company. Each time a PNR is raised for international travel the traveller receives a Pre Trip Country Specific Advisory which directs them to the online Travel Risk training if they haven't completed it in the last 12 months. It also requires them to press a button acknowledging they have read and understood the advisory. I get regular exception reports on who hasn't "pressed the button" and follow them up.
Best of all I have Travel Tracker with International SOS - it tells me via their itinerary where my travellers are anytime and allows me to contact them in the case of an incident - such as the Paris bombings a few years back. Concur also offers a very similar product - well worth looking into.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

We have also built the mandatory training and pre-trip obligations of international travellers into our policies. As Amber says - you can mandate but enforcing is the challenge!
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics