cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tooktamv
Occasional Member - Level 1

SAP concur -> Business intelligence - Web browser to be supported when IE not supported by MS

Hi All,

As i knew, to customize report in Business Intelligence (IBM Cognos 10.2.1) which it is supported for Internet Explorer 11 in Compatibility Mode currently.

Based on the MS's info, on August 17th, 2021, Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported for Microsoft's online services.

What is the next plan for SAP concur to process with BI report?

Thank you and regards in advance.

Tookta

14 REPLIES 14
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tooktamv we are currently working on upgrading to Cognos 11, which will be compatible with other browsers. A couple of things though:

1. Currently, the Query Studio tool will only work with IE. This is an issue as we know, but we aren't sure how to get around this as it is more of an IBM Development thing and not on our end.
  2. We are not sure yet on the time frame of rolling out the Cognos 11 upgrade. Not all customers will be upgraded at the same time. With having almost 30,000 customers on Cognos, the process will take some time.

Suffice it to say, it is on our Roadmap. I also must say, that these types of updates can change at a moment's notice. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

Is there any update on this?  Our  Cyber Security team has decided to get ahead of the curve and remove IE from the end of the month, so I'm facing having no ability to edit our custom reports or create new ones. 😬

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Migrations are slated to start later this year. However, dates are still tentative. 

I believe Firefox should allow you to edit your reports. 

Can you give Firefox a try and let me know if you are able to edit your reports, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

I'm working with our IT department about an alternative with Firefox for now - it's not a browser that is normally installed and I don't have local admin rights to do it myself.

Thanks for the update 😀

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

I also had questions on retiring IE and the change to my reporting abilities.  Based on the above, I opened one of my report with Firefox and it appears to have the same format as IE.  I will be trying this as the alternate as they phase out IE. 

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nancyagfa Firefox should work as an alternative. When we update Cognos to version 11, other browser should work, except with Query Studio, as far as I've been told.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cleonechung
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi, is Firefox the only browser supported by Query Studio? My IT department decommissioned Firefox due to a security issue but I got an exception since Query Studio doesn't work with other browsers. IT is asking me to find out when other browsers will be available so they can remove Firefox from my computer. Any idea?

Thanks,

Cleone

@cleonechung this issue has been the bane of our existence with using Cognos. Cognos is developed by IBM and they have not ever made Query Studio compatible with other browsers, well other than I.E., which is no longer a browser in use.  I've not heard of any plans to make it compatible. We have had several discussions with IBM about this, but nothing has changed over several years. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cleonechung
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi KevinD, so does that means Query Studio should work in Edge too?

@cleonechung Unfortunately no. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
matthewnavarro

Hello,

Is Cognos still only viewable by IE and Firefox or will it work on Google Chrome?

@matthewnavarro you can use Chrome with Cognos 11. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
matthewnavarro

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the quick response.

On Google Chrome I don't see the option for Query Studio within Intelligence. However, on Firefox I do. Please see screenshots.

Google Chrome

matthewnavarro_0-1699475635936.png

Firefox

matthewnavarro_1-1699475690458.png

@matthewnavarro yes, query studio isn't compatible with Chrome. Only Studio is compatible. Sorry I forgot to mention that. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey