cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangram
Occasional Member - Level 1

Reporting question- Schedule a report with particular dates

Hi Team,

I am trying to schedule a Cognos report for Year 2020, with below dates but not getting a way to do that on Concur Cognos reporting. These are standard accounting dates shared by user to receive a report copy on email on these dates to their inbox.

01-JAN-2020
03-FEB-2020
02-MAR-2020
30-MAR-2020
04-MAY-2020
01-JUN-2020
29-JUN-2020
03-AUG-2020
31-AUG-2020
28-SEP-2020
02-NOV-2020
30-NOV-2020

Could you please help me to achieve the requested.

Thanks,

Sangram

17 REPLIES 17
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sangram First, let me ask what your goal is here with running the report? Are you trying to get a certain range of data? 

For example, it is very common for someone to schedule a report to show the previous month's worth of data. However, in looking at your dates, you have the report running twice in the same month on a couple of occasions. In looking at your dates, there isn't a clear pattern on the amount of days between each run date. Is there any flexbility in the dates you have listed? 

Scheduling does not allow for varying dates. What I mean by that is you can only schedule reports to run on the same recurring time frame (i.e. first day of the month, last day of the month, every two weeks, every other Friday, every day). Since your dates are not on a consistent time frame, you won't be able to schedule this report. That's why asked you at the beginning of this post, what you goal is in running the report as far as a time frame of data you are looking for. If you can let me know this, I can better help you with the scheduling. If the dates you mention cannot be altered or have any flexibility, then a work around is to make 11 copies of the report and schedule each one individually to run on the specified date. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ELEIBLE
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi KevinD,

I have a report i've built in Cognos that shows me transactions for the last 365 days. Can you send me some info on how to schedule this report to be emailed to an individual on the first of each month ?  Currently, when i set up an email notification, there is an option for run in the background and i can't choose a time to run. It defaults to "Now" and i have no other option. Any help would be appreciated.

Please see screenshots attached.Run With Options.pngAdvanced Options.png

ELEIBLE

Adding a little more information. I have write access in cognos reporting, but i'm not seeing the little green schedule icon below. Not sure if this is an access issue or what ?Schedule Icon.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ELEIBLE here is a link to a video that shows how to schedule a report. Don't worry about the part explaining time zones. 

Link to video: http://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_reporting_schedule_report_time_zone....

Give this video a watch and let me know if you still have questions. 

As for your second post, the only thing I can think of that might cause the scheduling icon to appear is your browser. You should use Internet Explorer as your browser. If you are using IE, then I'm not sure why it isn't there. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Venkat
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I coudnt open the video. please help.

Warm Regards

Venkat

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Venkat give this a try. Click here

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ELEIBLE

Hi Kevin,

The link did not work. In addition, i've been using IE for the reporting. I just wanted to check that i have the right software. When i hit the "About" section,  it shows that i have IBM Cognos Connection, version 10.2.1. I was wondering if this is different than  Cognos Intelligence ? Also, when i'm in Concur, under the reporting tab it shows Analysis rather than Intelligence. Is analysis different than intelligence ? It appears that i only have access to query studio. Let me know your thoughts ?

ThanksIBM.pngQuery Studio.pngReporting Tab.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ELEIBLE So, you have Analysis, not Business Intelligence. There is a difference. Business Intelligence is a buy-up offering that gives you access to a lot more standard reports, more licenses and other features, such as scheduling a report. Since you have Analysis, you will not be able to schedule your reports to run. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ELEIBLE

Thanks Kevin,

I was hoping that wasn't your answer.

Appreciate your help !

CarolineWatt
New Member - Level 1

This is interesting/crazy.  I can see being able to design complex reports with Intelligence, but being able to schedule a report shouldn't require extra $s.  

Yet another reason to be disliking this tool.   

@CarolineWatt that's understandable. Maybe you could reach out to IBM and provide this feedback to them. We here at SAP Concur are limited on what we can customize in Cognos since it isn't developed by us. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
CarolineWatt
New Member - Level 1

Crud....It's the reporting tool licensing.  I keep hearing that a new reporting tool is coming.  Do you have any inside intell on the reporting roadmap?

@CarolineWatt The only thing I can say is there are plans to upgrade Cognos to a newer version and I've heard talk of maybe someday going to the SAP Analytics Cloud Reporting tool. I don't know any dates as these are major undertakings and we aren't sure how long it will take. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
adelcampo

Hi Kevin,

Then, what would be the option to schedule a report to show the previous month's worth of data? I don't mean "last number of dates" but the previous month, for example.

Thanks,

Alejandro

adelcampo

Solved! I've seen the predefined filters.

Thanks,

Alejandro

frankfernz
New Member - Level 2

how did you manage to do that.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frankfernz in the Common Report Header filters area, there is a predefined filter that is labeled Last Month. This is what will tell the report to only show last month's data. So, when a schedule report is to run on the first day of every month, it will show only the previous month's data. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey