cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryS
Occasional Member - Level 3

Need an audit rule to catch an multiple instances of an expense type on a single report.

I have an expense type "fraud" that I only want to allow if the net amount on a report is $0.   I want users who have had fraudulent charges to be able to submit the fraud charges and reversals of the charges, but I only wantwant themthem to use this expense type if they've received a credit for the charge. I've tried dozens of combinations but can't get it to work. 

Mary S
2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaryS So, do you not want them to have the "Fraud" expense type used more than once on a single report? I was a little confused by the title of your post and the description. 

Can you clarify this for me, please? Maybe give me a real life example of what is happening and what you want to happen. 

You say you want users with fraudulent charges to be able to submit them, so what if they have more than one fraudulent charge in the same week? It sounds like you want the audit rule to flag the report if they have more than one line item on their report with the "Fraud" expense type. 

I'll need a little more information to be able to let you know if you what you need is possible or not. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MaryS
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD Generally if you have a fraudulent charge on your credit card the bank will issue a credit for the charge.  As long as the user enters both the charge (say $100) and the credit (-$100) on the same report (net $0).  then they can submit the report.  It doesn't matter how many 'fraud lines' they have on a report as long as they net $0.  If they do not net$0, then I don't want them to be able to submit the report.

Mary S