cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreeleshskumar
Occasional Member - Level 3

Is it possible to get a count of Users who have been linked their Concur App with Uber in an org?.

HI All,

How can we get a count of users who have linked their Concur APP with the Uber? Is this something possible? A count or a percentage?

16 REPLIES 16
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi there - we took up Uber for Business in April this year.  It automatically links to SAP Concur Expense once the end user sets the U4B app up.  We found uptake of U4B in our organisation was close to 25%.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Also if you are an administrator with Uber for Business in your organization you do get a visual on all active users as well as all work trip activity.

Hope this helps

Richard Grigg
sreeleshskumar
Occasional Member - Level 3

How can we get that info as you said the percentage of users linked their Concur app with Uber?

Can you please guide me on the same? How can we get access to the Uber portal? @RichardG

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @sreeleshskumar - firstly you need to get the Uber for Business module and have Admin access - you will then be able to have access to who has downloaded the app and who is using it.  Contact your Uber rep and they should be able to quickly set you up.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
JenniferStrong
Occasional Member - Level 2

What is the associated cost for Uber4Business? And is it worthwhile? I also sat with someone at Fusion to discuss Uber. We have the problem with several users of not switching their profiles and we are constantly having to have our users make personal payments to their corporate card accounts. It is very time consuming.

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @JenniferStrong - had the exact same problem you described - people rolling up to accounts on Monday morning because they forget to switch their profile to personal and their boozy night out went on the corporate card!  I was at Fusion and learned that the week before, the U4B App had been modified and integrated with Concur.  You can have prompts whenever someone orders in their business profile asking them to confirm it is for business.  Since moving to the new U4B platform our instances of profile misuse immediately reduced to nil.  There is still an issue with Uber Eats and profile usage but they are working on a similar prompting solution.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @RichardG

Uber does frequently contact about U4B. I really like the idea of the extra confirmation for a business trip, is there anything else you have found really helpful? Do you know if U4B receipts have location information on them? Currently, if you signed up for e-receipts and connect Uber, it only lists the total for our employees and I'm wondering if that is fixed when signing up for U4B. 

Thanks as always,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @JessicaL - yes that is one report I love from U4B ( sad really).  As an admin you get a monthly report that you can apply a pivot table to show most used cities and monthly spend x city.  I'm sure the more clever admins will find more data options they can utilize to help drive decision making within their organization.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

@JessicaL wrote:

Hi @RichardG

Uber does frequently contact about U4B. I really like the idea of the extra confirmation for a business trip, is there anything else you have found really helpful? Do you know if U4B receipts have location information on them? Currently, if you signed up for e-receipts and connect Uber, it only lists the total for our employees and I'm wondering if that is fixed when signing up for U4B. 

Thanks as always,

Hi @JessicaL - one note of caution - my "accidental misuse" of Uber Eats by employees has increased because at the moment the apps are linked and the safety prompts are not currently in place like they are for U4B.  I'm working hard to get this changed quick!

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

OK, thank you for adding this. This is an area of concern for my company 😞

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @JessicaL - just edited my second response to you - you will have control on personal Uber trips not going on the Corporate Credit Card but you will see who cannot cook dinner to save themselves - for now at least.  Build an audit rule in Concur to force staff to declare any Uber Eats misuse and require them to attach a receipt showing they have repaid the company.  I can help you with that.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Agree with @RichardG. You can view from the U4B portal. The problem we are having is getting employed to set up separate personal and business profiles, and even if they do, remembering to change profiles accordingly.

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @tjbmoreno - the U4B platform allows you to set up prompts to alert employees partying hard on a Saturday night that they are still in their Business profile and asks them to confirm if the trip is business related.  Since transitioning to U4B from the basic app we went from 30 cases of profile misuse to nil!  The only problem is U4B hasn't got the same prompts for Uber Eats - so now I get to see who can't cook to save themselves in the organization!

They are working on a fix though.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Wonder if it’s different in Oz?

We only have one Uber app. There’s not a separate app for business, just add a business profile to the existing app.

I’ll have to check the portal as well to see if I can figure out that feature.

Thx @RichardG!

Terri Moreno
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

@tjbmoreno - they released it the week before Fusion!  I rejected their first U4B model because the transactions bypassed Concur Expense.  I approached the Uber booth at Fusion to complain about transactions not going through Expense and they told me it had just been fixed - I got home to Oz and the transition took less than a week!

Richard Grigg
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Gotta check it out! Thx!

Terri Moreno