cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawniel
Occasional Member - Level 1

Higher Ed Banner Schools using Request, Travel and Expense

We are a Banner school and are in the beginning process of Concur implementation (Request, Travel and Expense).

We are hoping to find other schools who might mirror our process that could help give us examples on how to populate the import files from Banner to load into Concur. What records do you regularly populate from Banner data to load into Concur (e.g. Employee Import)?

We are also hoping to get examples on how you handle the Request Extract and the Standard Accounting Extract from Concur to get into Banner.
6 REPLIES 6
gwilli1127

We are in the same position you were when this question was originally posted. Did you recieve any documents you can share? I am particualrily interested in the Request Extract and the Standard Accounting Extract from Concur.

Thanks,

Greg

Amandalangton
Occasional Member - Level 3

We are also in the same boat. I think our IT group has a handle on the SAE, but we're looking to use Request to create and manage encumbrances in Banner too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Amanda @ Carleton University
stephlanke

Hello - 

We're in the process of implementing Invoice, Purchase Request, Budget, and Travel/Expense and working through the process of how to get the data into Banner.  Wondering if any of you had any success since the last post.  Our consultants said that because everyone uses Banner differently, we would basically need to figure it out on our own.  We are starting with the Invoice module.  I'm still in search of a process document that would get us started, but for now, we are going to start by mapping the lines in the PRAE to the line items we enter when process a check in FAAINV, then locating the table that stores the data for each data point.  It doesn't look like we will need everything in the PRAE though.  From there, I think our IT personnel will need to write a script that we run nightly to push the data into Banner.   

Hi Steph, 

Apologies for the delay in response, we've been in contact with your account team attempting to answer your question. The team came to the conclusion that it would be best to set up a call with you—be on the lookout for an invitation and please reach back out if you do not receive any communication from the team. 

Thank you!

ROSEALD

We’re in the process of implementing Concur Travel & Expense and working through the process of how to get company card data into Banner.  We currently upload procurement card transactions into banner using the FUPLOAD process with a manual excel template.  Is there another option involving  a standard accounting extract that creates an Invoice in FAAINVE that could be uploaded into banner using a script?

Would you mind providing details about how your Company Card integrates with Concur expense and automatically flows into banner?  Have you experienced any timing, reconciliation, or duplicate expense issues?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ROSEALD I know that a lot of our customers link their company credit card program to Concur. Basically, you fill out some paperwork requesting a connection to Concur from your bank. When this is completed, Concur sets up a credit card import job that will upload the company card transactions into your site and assign the transactions to the employees. Your implementation project manager from Concur should be able to help you with this paperwork and provide more information about this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.