cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjoslin
Occasional Member - Level 2

How are users liking Concur Detect?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is curently using Detect or has been for awhile, maybe six months or so, and how it is going? We are are looking into purchasing and have questions about implementation lessons learned and/or now that you have been on it for awhile, any lessons learned there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Brenda

Supervisor, Expense Management

4 REPLIES 4
monahana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Brenda,

We implemented Detect in April and although it was rough in the beginning, it is now stable.  I am happy to share my lessons learned:

1) There are some things you can't see in Detect, such as the hierarcy and the cost center data.  And if you are a government contractor with a lot of per diem travel, I would recommend to wait until they have some improvements.  You can't see the itinerary to check the employee's per diem expense is within GSA rates.

2) In the beginning we were expecting to solely use Detect for auditing (and not use Concur for auditing).  Later on we concluded that this is not a realistic expectation, so our auditors use Detect and Concur side by side.  Example:  You can't see the comments in Detect, so you need to pull it up in Concur Expense.

3) Configuring Detect is relatively easy.  But you need to have a solid understanging of the audit rules.  I also recommend to review your audit rules couple of weeks after you go live and make adjustments.  When we went live we have seen that we had some duplicate risks indicating similar issues, so we streamlined our audit rules.

4) What we like the most about Detect is that we configured it so our low risk level expense reports are autoapproved.  This allows our auditors to concentrate on medium and high risk expense reports.  

Hope this helps.  

Thanks.

Asli

Camila_Munoz

Hi,

Thanks for the lessons learned. We hope to go live by the end of August. We are in read-only since mid-May. We decided not to roll out until after of fiscal year financial close.

Did you circulate in communication material before going live?

monahana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Camila, we did not announce it to the expense reporters.  The impact on them is minimal if any.  We did training sessions for the auditors/processors since they are the ones using it.  Hope this helps.  Thank you.  Asli

Camila_Munoz

Hi,

Did you have an frequently asked questions from end users? Our VP is a little anxious around AI and wants to hear how users reacted. Thanks in advance!