cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SAP Fiori with Horizon Visual Theme is Coming

kelseygordon01
3 31 13.5K

SAP Concur is adopting the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme family for all SAP Concur products, on the SAP Concur mobile app and on the web.

By enabling this option, your organization will benefit from a refreshed, modern look and feel, improved consistency across solutions, and a more inclusive and accessible design for everyone. No change in functionality is expected, only a change in the look and feel of SAP Concur products.

The timeline for when these changes will be available is as follows:

• May 20, 2023: The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is planned to be available on the web. Once available, SAP Concur administrators can enable the new visual theme for your organization.  
  • Starting June 5, 2023: The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme on the SAP Concur mobile app is planned to be rolled out to all customers over a period of time starting June 5, 2023.  
  • October 2, 2023: The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme will become the default theme on the web for customers that have not made it so already. SAP Concur administrators will have the option to revert back to the legacy theme (Concur Gateway) if necessary.  
  • Early 2024: The legacy theme (Concur Gateway) will be retired, and all customers will use the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme. 

Visit SAP Concur Training Resource Center for Administrators  to access supporting resources, including: 

In addition, you can preview the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme on the web before enabling it. Click here for instructions

31 Comments
brettcorrea
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello, we may not want to enable the new interface immediately for our users so when the SAP FIORI is available as of May 20, if our users sign into Concur after this date will they see anything different with the interface or any kind of notifications if I have not enabled it yet? Thanks very much

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @brettcorrea, thank you for your comment. When the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme family is available May 20, you will have the option to enable it for your organization. Users will not see it until it's enabled. 

brettcorrea

Great, thank you!

KathleenNg

Hello, I tried following the document to enable the new theme for our organisation, but I couldn't locate the 'Company Settings' under the Company Admin page. Am I missing something? 

JaneAusgrid

Hello, like other user KathleenNg, I am unable to locate "Company Settings" under the Company Admin page. Do I require a specific permission/role to view?

StMac
New Member - Level 2

Hi,

Can you please confirm the UserPermission that should be granted so that Tools will include Company Settings.

Is there Permission required. Test User admin has the Company Settings options showing but not the actual User expected to maintain.

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kathleenNg - You may have Standard Edition for your SAP Concur solutions. Please follow these instructions: (Standard Edition) How to Enable the SAP Fiori with Horizon Visual Theme on the Web

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @JaneAusgrid, thank you for your comment. Similar to KathleenNg, you may have Standard Edition for your SAP Concur solutions. Please follow these instructions: (Standard Edition) How to Enable the SAP Fiori with Horizon Visual Theme on the Web

cpolifka1
Routine Member - Level 2

It appears this must only be for those that have SAP Fiori theme already, is this correct?

tknight84
Occasional Member - Level 3

I see that the new theme on the mobile app will be rolled out starting June 5th. Is there any way to know when that change will happen for our users so we can be prepared?

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

Good morning and Happy Tuesday, @kelseygordon01

Regarding the Fiori FAQ discussion on Budget users (below):

Does this mean that customers using Budget will not have access to the theme across all web products or just Budget?

Also, is it correct that those customers will be forced into the new theme on the mobile app then at some point after that be transitioned to the new theme on their web products?

the statements I captured below in the FAQ do not make this clear so I appreciate your response.

Cheers!

Scott

scoathy_0-1685459916017.png

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello, @scoathy, thank you for your comment. Correct - customers with Budget will initially not have access to the theme across all products on the web. However, customers with Budget will see the SAP Fiori with Horizon theme on the mobile app once roll out begins June 5. Lastly, yes - customers with Budget will receive the new theme on the web in the future. 

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @tknight84 - We cannot tell you the exact date the update will happen on your mobile app. The rollout will take place in waves and we're unable to identify which wave you fall into. We suggest communicating the update with your employees now. To assist you with this, we developed an email template for you to leverage: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/horizon/SAP_Fiori_Email_Admin_Templates.docx - thank you. 

CallumBarnes

Hi Kelsey, 

Are you able to give any indication as to whether these waves are organisation based (i.e. will all of our users see the new mobile theme at the same time) and how long the full rollout will take?

Thanks,

Callum

JGS
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello.

I have activated the Fiori Theme on the web and some users have already adopted it.

But on the app it is not available yet.

According to the demo, the Appearance option should be located on the profile settings, below the app version.

But I cannot see it and the app is on the latest version.

What should I do?

Thank you!

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @CallumBarnes - I answered your question in another thread, but posting it again here in case it helps others: 

The roll out to all customers depends on the success of the first wave - meaning there are no bugs or fixes needed. A slow rollout ensures a high-quality user experience with the app. While we can't provide you with a specific date, you can expect that the update will be sometime in the June/July timeframe. All clients will be notified by the standard mobile release process and notes: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/ReleaseNotes/_CCC_RN.htm

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

We updated to Fiori yesterday. Biggest complaint so far is how light a lot of the font is. You can barely see this (and I've blown up this image).

Will Concur put in updates to correct these types of things once they receive feedback? 

cmakai_0-1688132598840.png

If there's a way we can adjust on our own, please advise. 

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

P.S. Above is referencing that this is when reviewing as an Approver or in the Back office.

LarryGreenblatt
Super User
Super User

Hi - can I get more information on how to revert back on October 2nd? Thank you, Larry

• October 2, 2023: The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme will become the default theme on the web for customers that have not made it so already. SAP Concur administrators will have the option to revert back to the legacy theme (Concur Gateway) if necessary.  
  • Early 2024: The legacy theme (Concur Gateway) will be retired, and all customers will use the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme. 

AliciaHansen
Super User
Super User

Good morning. Can you tell us where to report issues with the new themes? We are having major accessibility issues because text is unreadable in many areas (just like cmakai). We have not turned the themes on for everyone, but the ones testing reported it's unusable for them. This accessibility is a major problem and I'm concerned as to why this was released when there was insufficient usability testing. 

IsabelleGermain

Hello,

Are the Email templates for the new design only available in English or you have them in French somewhere? Or do I have to translate them myself?

Thank you

Isabelle Germain

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@IsabelleGermain Thank you for your question! We do have the email templates translated to French. I will send them to you directly in a separate communication. Kind regards, Kelsey 

Cecilia_L

Hi Kelsey,

If our organisation is not ready to switch on 2 Oct 2023 to the Fiori yet, can I switch back to the "legacy theme (Concur Gateway)" for another month?

Best Regards,

Cecilia

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@cecilia_L  Thanks for your comment. You will have the option to revert back to the legacy theme (Concur Gateway) until early 2024. 

NadineJ

Hello Kelsey,

Are you able to send me the email templates and demo video translated to French?

KrisB

We do not have an Appearance Setting option when we go into our profile. Do we need to open a case? 

abhinav_sharma2

Hi Kelsey, 

A quick question for you. Do you know what  time SAP Concur is going to flip the switch on 2nd October'23. Would it like 8 A.M. ET for all customers or how it would be.

KrisB

We want to preview but do not have Appearance Setting to click. Today we are seeing Appearance Administration, but we don't want to put it on for all users just a test group. Do we need to put a ticket in to get this option of Appearance Setting in profile area

kelseygordon01
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @NadineJ - yes! I will message them to you directly. 

babydee1

I am struggling with the new SAP Fiori Concur theme. The background is too light, the blue text is too bright, and the graphics don't sit well on the page, but seem to hover over it with blurred edges. I cannot stare at the page for too long without risking triggering a migraine. I have checked the other themes available, but none of them work for me.

Is there any way the Legacy Theme can be revised as an option for those of us with health concerns using the new theme?  I use concur multiple times a day doing expense reports and booking travel for my entire team, and this is already affecting my performance as I cannot stare at the new theme for long periods. I have resorted to leaning on FROSCH for travel bookings for this reason, which is costing us financially.  In addition, a lot of the tabs are now hidden further within the menu, which means it take more clicks and a longer time to find what we need to get things done. I would really appreciate a response to this as it has honestly become a source of stress for me. Thank you, I look forward to your reply.

Hi @babydee1, thank you for sharing your concerns. To address the lightness and brightness of the Fiori with Horizon - morning theme, you do have the option to go with the alternative evening theme. It offers a darker look and is meant to address the issues you're experiencing. 

If neither of the Fiori with Horizon themes work, we're happy to pass your comments on to the SAP Design team as feedback. 

Thank you, Kelsey

About This Author
kelseygordon01
I joined SAP Concur in 2021 after 12 years in the travel industry. As a member of the Global Customer Marketing team, my main focus is on delivering content and resources that empower customers to realize the full potential of their SAP Concur solutions. Beyond the office, I enjoy exploring the PNW, and as a Seattle native, I appreciate a good cup of coffee (especially on rainy days).