cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNLee
Occasional Member - Level 1

New System Administrator

Hello everyone, I am a new Concur system administrator and could use some helpful ideas as to best practices what works well, what doesn't and honestly any advice and help I can get. 

Thanks, 

Susan 

4 REPLIES 4
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Welcome Susan!
You're in the right place for starters! There is a wealth of knowledge and experience in this community and no question is a silly one!
Make sure you keep up to date with the developments and release dates for the new User Interface - as an administrator you should be able to access it now so you know what it will look like and how it will differ to the current version. This will help with your education of your end users before the transition.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Hello Susan  @SNLee and welcome to the club! You introduced yourself on my birthday so I feel like we are destined to be great friends. To that end, here is my email address: rucnoc.amberlee@gmail.com  . I hope to hear from you soon so we can start up a conversation and dive a little deeper into your background.

My general advice to anyone just starting out is this: You must believe Concur can do anything; because it can. If you can dream it, Concur can achieve it. Sounds cheesy but it's true. This even applies to things you've been told is impossible. Concur has graciously provided copius amounts of setup guides, training videos, and the Knowledge Base but one thing they can't put into a document is the human element and the WILL to succeed. That's where this community comes in. 

You may be surprised to learn that a lot of the Concur Admins, #Concurvians, here had the job 'dumped' on them with the only expectations being to get it to work. The magic appears when those individuals, like yourself, take it upon themselves to not just get it to work but make their Concur work for them. True, a successful Concurvian typically goes unseen by others in their organization but that brings us to the next benefit of having this community. We are here to support and encourage each other because we've all been where you are and we understand everything you do to make your Concur awesome. 

"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." Gross visual but true nonetheless. We will be here for you as you take your first bite and we will be cheering you on when you get to the tough spots. Woman Tongue and all the bites inbetween. So go ahead and dip your toe in and ask us questions as they arise or ask for encouragement when you're feeling frustrated and again I say, welcome to the club!

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Totally agree - Amber definitely knows her stuff re: Concur Admin roles and hardships.

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the SAP Concur family. I might suggest asking for recommendations on specific things as there are so many features invloved with SAP Concur, it would be difficult for another site admin to know where to start in giving suggestions. Maybe something like Expense Type recommendations or receipt requirements then let things spawn from there. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.