cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidUOP
Occasional Member - Level 3

User audit - Profile changes - how to get historic data?

We've run into a bit of an issue with a user mid March that looks to have changed their home country setting to a setting that has triggered the sanctions process and thus they have been deactivated.

It confused us at first, as we didn't know why they were inactive and didn't recognise the ETSC-101 text in their forename.  We had of course been in and checked their settings and there was nothing out of place, it was set to blank or GB in country settings etc.

We raised a call and was told it was because of the sanctions block, and we would need to go through compliance to get the account unlocked, but we were confused because we knew about the sanctions rules via the email from Concur in April 23 that would kick in on June 11th, and in May and early June we had run the extended employee report and exported the details for all of our users.

This is were it gets a bit messy; I'd been through the lists and sorted the data via the Work Country field as I thought at the time that was the trigger, not know fields like Home Country, Passport nationality etc could also trigger it, and so I'd made edits to a few accounts and thought it was done for that period.   In this instance it was a Home Country setting, and on 30/06/23 it triggered the account lock.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and we get the issue with a user as mentioned above.  We have questions about how the profile was set with a sanctions country in place as when we looked it was clear, and on a call I'm shown an audit log that shows that *I* apparently made the change on 02/06/23 at 1:33am... which is weird as I didn't run the report that sent me to that profile until 9:29am on 02/06/23.   I don't know the user, until a week ago I'd had no interaction with them and had no idea what their country of origin was, so why would I go into their account and put their home country in if I had no idea what it was?!

In the log it shows my ID against the user with the home country setting being in place, and then it gets blanked out for a few lines, and then its set to GB. 

That explains why when I looked to see if any of their country settings were on the no-go list were in place I didn't see it, as it was blanked out via the system (apparently it purges that data on inactive accounts).  At that time I was trying to get the account live again and didn't know it was blocked so I set the countries to UK and took out the deactivation date and resaved, but it reverted.  That's how GB got in there however.

We are almost certain that the user set their home country pre 02/06/23 as I, and my team, simply didn't know that info to put it in even if we wanted to do so.  However every time I ask support for pre 02/06/23 audit details for the user they just keep repeating themselves, telling me I did it, even though I'm pointing out the changes made via my ID were made AFTER the report we have showing that problem country was already in place.

I've had a voice call and multiple updates to the call but they don't seem to understand our request for profile data pre 02/06/23 for this user.  There must be audit data for them, and at this point Concur are blaming us for it, even though doing it would be counter to what we were trying to achieve, and its getting somewhat political as from the users POV it is a form of discrimination as they have been blocked from a service simply due to their original country of birth (which they have not been too or visited in many years!).

It's been mentioned I can go through the complaints team as support might simply not have the access to the back end we need to see the data we are after.   Any suggestions?

1 Solution
Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@DavidUOP - We have recently needed to get some of this information as our support team would select pop up that had the previous user's data and overwriting the existing user's data with the incorrect information. The only way we were able to capture the information was via a support case. The Concur support team was able to provide me the before and after data along with when and who made the changes. That ultimately helped us to figure out how/why the data was being changed incorrectly. We did reach out to our reporting resource to see if there was a report, but he indicated they do not have access to that information. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@DavidUOP - We have recently needed to get some of this information as our support team would select pop up that had the previous user's data and overwriting the existing user's data with the incorrect information. The only way we were able to capture the information was via a support case. The Concur support team was able to provide me the before and after data along with when and who made the changes. That ultimately helped us to figure out how/why the data was being changed incorrectly. We did reach out to our reporting resource to see if there was a report, but he indicated they do not have access to that information. Hope that helps.

DavidUOP
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Leela, it's a weird one as I've managed to get access to a profile changes report via 'Reporting - Travel Reports' (had to give myself permission to access the report though) and its like they say, the history for our user here shows nothing before 02/06/23 and me making the changes.  But the user has had an account since May 22, they must have had a profile with some changes before that date surely?

I'm dealing with support and they won't tell me any more than they have already, and tbh if I was a data analyst I'd be saying its an open and shut case here.  The thing is I simply don't know why I would have changed the information in their profile from 'blank' to the country in question and I didn't know they were born there until almost a year after this edit was made.   I'm not sure how much more I want to chase this before we just accept it and say it was us in some way.