cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KChung29
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to stop getting itineraries sent to my outlook that are not mine but my requestors

The issue we are seeing lately is that flights. hotel reservations etc are being sent in outlook and because we have the settings so that events are automatically being added to Outlook calendar, it does just that which is fine. However, some users are also getting the same info that are not theirs but rather their requestors. How do make it so that those types of events do not get emailed to the approvers? The approvers do still want outlook to automatically add their event to the calendar on Outlook so turning this feature off in Outlook is not ideal.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KChung29 when you say "requestor" are you referring to someone doing the booking on someone else's behalf? The travel arranger?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KChung29

Hi Kevin,

No I am actually referring to the people who send in their expenses to be approved by the manager. What appears to be happening is that these bookings/expenses such as flight and accommodation also get sent to the approvers email and then outlook automatically adds it to their calendar but they do not need to see this on their calendars - only their own bookings.

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KChung29 I don't see any rules activated that say to Notify Manager or require manager approval for bookings, so I'm not sure how these bookings are ending up in the email inbox of the managers. If you could send me a private message with the name of one employee whose bookings ended up in their approver's email and the name of the approver, I'll take a look. It is possible that the approver was somehow added as the Travel Arranger for the employee and therefore also received the booking notification. However, I cannot say for sure without having the names.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ericfc

I took a flat near a golf ground to enjoy my trip and it benefited me that I started enjoying golf well because I am very interested in playing golf. I am a new golf putter user but I tried so hard to go for it I just have different blogs about it I want to ask my export if you can recommend me a good gulf that would be a good offer for me at a low price. So I want to know from you which product will be better and good and I want your guidance in this matter.

prishasingh500

Hello,

As per my experience, to stop receiving itineraries in Outlook that aren't yours but belong to your requestors, you should check and adjust the notification settings in the application where these reservations are made (e.g., a travel booking system). There's likely a configuration that sends notifications to both the traveler and the approver. Adjust this setting so only the actual traveler gets the itinerary. Keep the auto-add feature in Outlook turned on, as this will only affect events sent to the approver's email. If the issue persists or the settings are not clear, consider reaching out to the software provider's support team for guidance.

I hope this will help you.

Regards
Prisha singh