cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Munari_Concur
Routine Member - Level 3

How to filter "wrong" requests from customers in this forum? Ideas?

Dear all,

I really like this forum as it is the only channel where take place real discussions on the SAP Concur tool and issues customers may have.

From time to time I find impossible answering customer's requests as we can not access their system.  Clearly the customer were asking to the wrong audiance. (e.g. I didn't receive a payment, or I don't have access to create expenses, and so on..... ).  

Would it be possible for who is managing this forum to find a way to make it clearer while creating a request that is going to the right place? Even for the customer to receive an answer from us to go to their company administrator is an additional step, which maybe we could help them to avoid and at the same time have and keep some more valuable questions in here.

What do you think?

Thank you

@KellyR @KevinD 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari - Travel Expense Project Manager
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@A_Munari_Concur first off, we appreciate all of your involvement on the Community. So, thank you for that. 

As for your issue, I totally understand where you are coming from and yes, there are several issues posted where the answer is "you have to reach out to your site administrator to resolve this". Now, in my case, I can access our customers' sites, so for me this isn't as big an issue, but for most community members, they won't be able to help. 

I'd like to propose to you something to consider. Many of the members of this community are new to using Concur, whether they are administrators or end users, so they do not know where exactly to post their issue or problem so they come here. We want to encourage all of our customers to use this forum. I do agree there are several issues that need attention from their site administrator, but they won't know that if they don't have a forum to ask and learn that their issue is something the Community cannot help with. 

For me personally, I don't mind replying with, "reach out to your site administrator". I do like the idea of maybe posting something here on the community that explains the types of issues that cannot be answered by the Community as a whole, such as not receiving payments. I'll reach out to the Community managers and see if we can get something posted. 

Thanks again for all your work here in the Community. Please keep up the good work. 

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Sr. Training Consultant

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Solution
KevinD
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@A_Munari_Concur first off, we appreciate all of your involvement on the Community. So, thank you for that. 

As for your issue, I totally understand where you are coming from and yes, there are several issues posted where the answer is "you have to reach out to your site administrator to resolve this". Now, in my case, I can access our customers' sites, so for me this isn't as big an issue, but for most community members, they won't be able to help. 

I'd like to propose to you something to consider. Many of the members of this community are new to using Concur, whether they are administrators or end users, so they do not know where exactly to post their issue or problem so they come here. We want to encourage all of our customers to use this forum. I do agree there are several issues that need attention from their site administrator, but they won't know that if they don't have a forum to ask and learn that their issue is something the Community cannot help with. 

For me personally, I don't mind replying with, "reach out to your site administrator". I do like the idea of maybe posting something here on the community that explains the types of issues that cannot be answered by the Community as a whole, such as not receiving payments. I'll reach out to the Community managers and see if we can get something posted. 

Thanks again for all your work here in the Community. Please keep up the good work. 

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Sr. Training Consultant

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

A_Munari_Concur
Routine Member - Level 3

Dear all,

I would guess that maybe in future, once the community will grow more than 10x times it could be than slightly changed. I will keep suggesting ideas if I think will be valuable for the group. 

thank you again for your answer.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari - Travel Expense Project Manager
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alessandro-- I think Kevin already answered your question in more detail than I could have, but I want to also add my thanks to you for all your participation and engagement on the community!

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur