cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCKasai
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to create a rule to notify when an international travel is booked?

My IT department would like to know when an international trip is booked. I know rules can be created to that end, but I don't know how to do it. Any guidance on how to do it will be appreciated.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCKasai unless the IT personnel get assigned as the travel managers of your employees, this isn't possible. Now, there is an option where you can set any international trip booked to Log for Reports or maybe require these trips to be approved. Then you can assign your IT department the Travel Reports permissions. There are several canned travel reports, one of which is Trips Requiring Approval. So, IT could run this report once a day to see which trips are in there.

These reports cannot be automated.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@JCKasai You can build a rule under for Travel Itinerary or Air using the rule "Flights are International" (Travel takes place between two countries) and then define the action that happens if the rule is triggered.   ie.  Log for Reports, Notify Manger, Requires Approval, etc.  You will have to have the correct permissions in Travel in order to build the rule.  If you need additional assistance, I would recommend to open a case to have our Support team assist you.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JCKasai

@TriciaW How do I know if I have the correct permissions to build a rule? I can see this when I click on Travel Rule Builder

JCKasai_2-1722379391251.png

Seems one rule already exist, but when I click on Edit nothing really happens, this is all I can see.

JCKasai_1-1722379353029.png

TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@JCKasai  It looks like you have the correct permissions from your screenshots.  That is where you would be able to Edit the Rule or confirm which Rule Classe(s)the rule is attached to if any.  Once a rule is attached you would need to then find the rule in the rule class and enable it.  If you are unsure how to build/edit a rule, I would suggest to open a case with Concur for assistance. 

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCKasai looks like the rule is there. What are you trying to edit in the rule?

Thank you,
Kevin
JCKasai

@KevinD I'm trying to get it to send an email notification to the IT department whenever an international flight is booked (except Mexico and Canada)

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCKasai for those travel rules, only the manager assigned to the traveler can be notified. I didn't see anything that would allow for notifying any other user or email address. What does IT want to do with this information? Just trying to think of other possible options. Do they need to know this before the user adds the trip related expenses to an expense report?

Thank you,
Kevin
JCKasai

@KevinD They would like to know that to perform some changes on the phones assigned to the travelers, so they would like to know as soon as the travel is booked.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCKasai unless the IT personnel get assigned as the travel managers of your employees, this isn't possible. Now, there is an option where you can set any international trip booked to Log for Reports or maybe require these trips to be approved. Then you can assign your IT department the Travel Reports permissions. There are several canned travel reports, one of which is Trips Requiring Approval. So, IT could run this report once a day to see which trips are in there.

These reports cannot be automated.

Thank you,
Kevin
JCKasai

@KevinD Thank you. I think it will be best for IT to run the Trips Requiring Approval report daily.