cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bminmar
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense report issue with missing receipts, 2FA and missing receipt declaration

Need help addressing the following real scenario we are facing with the implementation of the 2FA. 

We have a user that was terminated but has expenses that still need to be submitted but not all the required receipts are available.  A delegate or proxy login does not allow for the missing receipt declaration to be performed.  If I reset the password to log in as the user I have to setup 2FA which is not realistic for every terminated user that has missing receipts.  What other options beside manually creating a "fake" receipt are available?  Seems like the 2FA and Missing Receipt Declaration are working against each other in this scenario.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bminmar I wouldn't say they are working against each other as the missing receipt declaration has never been available for delegates or proxies. It has always required either changing the password and signing in as the user or creating a document that has the same wording as your missing receipt declaration and attaching that instead of the MRD.

Unfortunately the 2FA setup is now required upon sign in without any opt out.

I would recommend getting approval to create a pdf that will be accepted as a MRD and using that for all the terminated employees who have outstanding expenses without receipts. That way you can delegate or proxy in as them and will save you the trouble of setting up 2FA for each terminated employee.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bminmar
Occasional Member - Level 1

I agree creating the receipt manually is my only option as setting up the 2FA is not a realistic option.  However, it would be nice to allow someone with admin rights to proxy in and utilize the missing receipt declaration functionality.  Not a normal user who has delegate access but an admin.  This would save a lot of time and effort. 

Thank you for your quick response.

HollyA
Occasional Member - Level 2

This is not just a problem for terminated employees. We have to do reports for all executives and it prevents us from being able to complete the report without their input - the most senior executives don't have any idea how to use Concur. That is my job. So I have to manually do affidavits which is very time consuming.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HollyA it sounds like the Executives don't keep receipts for their business expenses, is that correct? Maybe not all the time, but quite often. Is that the case?

The SAP Concur system is designed with the idea that users keep their receipts and provide them. I'm not naive to think that Executives will always follow this. I would explain that receipts are important in case of an audit. It might look a little "odd" if an executive's expense reports had no receipts, especially since their expenses tend to be higher amounts.

The Missing Receipt option was designed for the rare instances or extenuating circumstances when a user has no way of getting a copy of the receipt. Also, the Missing Receipt Declaration is basically a binding statement from the employee that says the expense is: 1. Their actual expense and 2. A legitimate business expense. Only the person who incurred the expense should be attesting to this and that is why the MRD isn't available for Proxies or Delegates.

I obviously don't know the dynamics between you and the executives, but would it be possible to ask them to try and be better about getting receipts.

As for manually doing affidavits, could you maybe speak with your Finance or Accounting departments and ask them to put together a pdf of what they would accept as a MRD and then just reuse that for each expense that needs it?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

The missing receipt affidavit is a legally binding receipt for only the employee to submit and attest to.  That's why a delegate can create the expense, but the employee has to attach the affidavit.

Nancy Murray
Agfa