cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTURNER01
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense Report Time Out Manager

Within Concur expense reporting, we currently utilize the 1 over manager review, if the direct manager doesn't approve within 10 days.  We are exploring the use of systematically returning to employee, if not approved by the direct manager in 10 days.  What is the community feedback regarding this workflow?  What are you using for this process?

5 REPLIES 5
cjmarimo
Super User
Super User

Hello @BTURNER01 

In our company, a reminder email is sent to the approver who has the report pending, and also the Finance Department, through the "Expense Accrual by Date Range" report of Analysis/Intelligent-Cognos, checks that the expenses have not been settled and claims them.

Br,

cj

leela2516
Super User
Super User

@BTURNER01 - We do something like this today. But we wait 15 days. With our workflow, it goes to the manager, if they do not approve within 15 days (I believe they are sent reminders), then the report is returned to the employee. We encourage our travelers to follow up with their manager if they see the report is not being approved or returned timely. 

BTURNER01
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks much!  How do you manage for extended leave.  Do you require the delegation?  Also, is your return to employee email customized as to why they received it back?  

@BTURNER01 - I cannot say we "require" delegation, but do get tickets to set up a delegate when an approver will be out for an extended period and they did not set one up. I do not believe our email is customized. As this is a config in the workflow setup, it should indicate why the report was returned.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BTURNER01 in my opinion, this is a bit tricky. By returning to the employee you are in essence putting the burden back on them to submit again,when it is actually the approver who was derelict in their duty. I actually like the option to send to the manager's manager after approval time expired because it let's the manager's manager know their employees aren't doing their job. However, there isn't anything keeping the manager's manager from sending it back, but at least they might take some action and talk to the manager about being timely in their approvals. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.