cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marscosta
Occasional Member - Level 1

Employee ID not available...

So I've gotten a support ticket request from a user who is an admin on our SAP Concur account, I have no experience using the system in anyway shape or form but I offered to help if I could. The behavior is when the admin attempts to add a new user, fills out all the relevant data and then clicks SAVE. Concur spits out an error saying:

"the login ID john.doe@contonso.com is not available"

I have validated that the email is correct and beyond that I have no idea why this error is being given, other than the email is already in the system, but after having her check for it in User Administration, It is not.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marscosta This could one of two things:

1. Lately there have been issues with user accounts and creating new ones or making changes to existing accounts. My guess this what is going on in this case.

2. It is possible that the login ID is used somewhere else. Not likely, but I've seen it happen before. 

Can you send me a private message with the login ID that the person is trying to create. I'm guessing you put John Doe instead of the actual employee's name. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cwolenuk

@KevinD  Hi Kevin, I'm having a similar issue.   I'm trying to input a new user and keep getting the username is unavailable.  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cwolenuk to narrow down the issue, can you send me a private message with the User ID you are trying to add, please? This way I can see if it is already in use or if this is falling under the known issue we've been having with adding new users. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aramas

I'm having this same issue with 2 new users I'm trying to set up. However, one informed me he had previously set up a Concur test drive account (his words) with his work email address but I cant pull it up anywhere in Concur. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aramas sorry for the delayed response. Did you get this issue resolved? Please let me know. 

The person who set up a Concur Test Drive account, you won't be able to do anything about that. Unfortunately in cases like this, you have to use some other login ID when they use their work email on a Test Drive account. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
aramas

Hi Kevin- yes, it did. thank you for following up.

Sam

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aramas great to hear. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
kwashburn
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin, I'm having the same issue.   I'm trying to input a new user and keep getting the error message "ConcurSolutions.com says The login ID xx@ap.org is not available.  Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! Kate

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kwashburn Hello there. In this situation, you have two choices:

1. Contact SAP Concur Support and let them know the user ID you are trying to add. They might be able to go into the site where it is being used and change it there. That would free up the login ID.

2. Just use a different login ID, if you are able to. 

If you need to go with option 1, send me a private message with the username/login ID you are trying to use. I might be able to search for it and find the site where it is being used. That way you can provide Support with the site to help them out. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
kwashburn
Occasional Member - Level 2

x

chuckabee

Kevin,

I'm having the same issue. If I message you with the login ID I'm trying to use, would you be able to tell me if the user is on another site?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chuckabee Yes, I can try and do a search for it. Best to send in a private message. Click my username (KevinD) then the Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
StephRhodes
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, 

I am having the same issue for one of my new employees.

StephRhodes_0-1671588328180.png

@StephRhodes I did a search for that username, but nothing was found. If the issue is still happening, I would suggest submitting a help ticket to SAP Concur Support to see if they can get the profile created or provide you some help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bkerr
New Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

I'm having the same issues with getting a user's login email changed. Is there any way you could assist?

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bkerr are you trying to change the employee's username/log in ID or their email? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bkerr
New Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

I'm trying to change their username/log in ID.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bkerr Okay. If you are receiving the username not available message, then that means the username was already used. All I can do is look up and see which site the username you are trying to change to was used. If it was a the employee's previous company, you or the employee would need to reach out to them to see if they can change it in their site. 

If you send me a private message with the username you want, I can look to see where it is used. Click my username (KevinD) then the message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bkerr
New Member - Level 2

Message sent. Thanks Kevin!