cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slangheld
New Member - Level 1

Email verification blocked because of old account

I am trying to link/verify my personal email address in addition to my work email address at my new place of employment.  What I didn't know is that you can't be linked to more than one account.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to my old work email address or account to be able to cancel or unlink my personal account.  Can someone help me with this? 

Either way, I don't want my personal email tied to the old place of business.

TIA

9 REPLIES 9
TammyK
Super User
Super User

Ticket.jpgHello S,

I am the Concur Administrator for my Company and manage all the User Profiles.  I have this exact issue with one of our Users. 

The Concur Support Team advised the only one with access to remove it is the previous company you worked for.  

Solution:  Contact your Company Concur Administrator and advise them to submit a Support Case Ticket.

Note:  My ticket has been opened since 12/8/2022 as Concur is waiting for a response from his previous Company

ticket2.jpg

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

We have experienced this in the past, shortly after we took our production entity live in 2021. It seemed odd to me that there was nothing to do but wait and hope the previous org would take action to resolve.

Fortunately the previous organization did follow through.

I've also had several cases where we were the previous organization.

Former associate reaches out to the previous org directly and the administrator can get their email address removed.

It's a quick thing to resolve so long as everyone is cooperative.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@slangheld If you haven't contacted your previous company yet, that might be the quickest fix. But it depends on if the person at your previous company takes care of it right away. I would try to get that person on the phone and have them fix it while you are on the phone with them. Otherwise, it is likely to get forgotten about.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

I think there's a lesson in here not to have your personal email verified in Concur, and just channel everything Concur-related through your work email address even if it means double-handling emailed receipts sent to your personal email.

@slangheld aren't you at risk of repeating this issue if you are successful in getting your personal email released from your previous company's Concur?  If you verify it with your new company's Concur and then move to another Concur client company in the future you'll be back at square one.

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

true, that is a risk and I agree, don't use personal email addresses for work-related items.

However, seems like an effective system solution should be in place as opposed to the "reach out and hope the previous org responds" process.

Consider this, some Concur users are sub-contractors and are using their 'work' email address already.

In fact, that's been the scenario we've experienced. Student or professor at a university is sub-contracting for us (sometimes for us and another institution using Concur, simultaneously). They are not an employee and therefore do not receive an email address from our organization. Therefore, use their own 'work' address. the system has not been designed to account for that.

If users know that up front they could resolve by creating a new email just for that instance of Concur but likely no one thinks about that. I didn't until we experienced it happen.

A hassle either way I suppose... LOL 🙂

mtheisen
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

When a profile is marked inactive the email verification is removed.  We encourage customers to inactivate profiles when no longer needed as this will eliminate issues with future email verification of the same email address.  Reaching out to the HR and or company administrator of the company you worked for and requesting your profile be inactivated will be the quickest method to resolve you verification issue.

Thank you,

Michael Theisen

SAP Concur Consultant

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

@mtheisen 

Is entering an Account Termination Date on the User Account enough to make them Inactive?  Or are there further steps required?

CraigPeay
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello DeanR, Yes that is all you have to do.  Enter in the date and save it.

mtheisen
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Yes, entering the account termination date in the user's profile will inactivate the user account. If you are planning on using the same email address and login id in the new SAP Concur site, then it would be suggested to update the login id and primary email with .old as the domain extension making it unique.    This will then allow you to use the .com login id in the new site.  The reason for the primary email change is that this email is used for a secure response if a request is submitted via "I Forgot My Username" or "I Forgot My Password" link on the login screen.   It is my experience if the same email is used as a primary email in two sites the system will not send a response to the request as it will not know which account is valid.  Many clients are using SSO and not allowing users to request this so in those cases the email change is not necessary.