cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rphelps
Occasional Member - Level 3

Browser setup success and attempting to add to mobile using 1 email on both platforms

Browser access setup with authenticator on PC (either WinOTP or browser extension)successfully.

Trying to move to mobile setup does not display QR code or option for manual setup to use with Microsoft Authenticator App on mobile device.

Is it possible to operate in both environments of PC and Mobile using a singular email address?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rphelps hello there. To answer your question, it is possible to operate the authenticator with a mobile authenticator app and and a browser extension. However, I can only say I have done this with the Google Authenticator app and the Google web extension. I cannot say what the steps are using other authenticators. With Google, I was able to set up 2FA with the web extension. When I open the web authenticator after set up, there is an option for it to display the QR code associated to that account. Then I was able to open the Google Authenticator app on my phone and use the add account option. I then scanned the QR code displaying in the web extension. This added the same account found in my web extension to my mobile authenticator app. You will have to see if Microsoft Authenticator web extension also has the option to display the QR Code associated to the already set up account. 

As for the email...currently 2FA does not need an email address for set up. What this means, is right now, there is no association to your email address and the 2FA setup. 

A user shouldn't need to operate in both environments unless there is some extenuating circumstance, like their place of business doesn't allow the use of mobile phones. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rphelps
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD  Thank you for the insights.  I will work on those to develop a solution.

Many of our users need the mobile side to scan the receipts that occur outside of the office (lunches, office expenses, etc) and then the browser side for end of month reconciliation with the statement.  We will use both interfaces quite frequently but currently are having to take a picture, email to ourselves and then drag and drop once back in the office into the browser version that we made operational initially.