cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JorgeL
Routine Member - Level 1

2FA by pass

Hello,

The email from Concur regarding the 2FA mentioned that starting on the 18th users can set up this process and it will become mandatory on 11/15. This implies the process can bypassed or delayed until 11/15, but when I tried to set up 2FA for another user there wasn't an option to delay this process. It looks mandatory from the 18th on. Is there a way to bypass/delayed the process for users?

14 REPLIES 14
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JorgeL actually, that is not correct. Starting October 18, 2FA is mandatory. There is no bypass or delays. The new password policies and the requirement of a valid email address is being launched November 15. The ability to opt out of the email requirement is likely what you are referring to. However, this does not bypass 2FA, it just makes it so a user can set up 2FA using the method that launched yesterday. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JorgeL
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you. The communication sent by Concur is confusing because it says starting Oct 18 until Nov 14 users can set up 2FA.  It should have said starting Oct 18 2FA will be mandatory and enforced, just like the communication regarding the new password policies.

jwestbrooks1
Occasional Member - Level 3

I was under the same impression. The wording was not very good. 

Amandalangton

If you are unhappy with aspects of 2FA there are 2 improvement requests already submitted about this. Please vote for them, Improvement Request Details - 3105652FA should NOT be mandatory for Test users or Test sites - Request ID: 310565, and 

Options to authenticator app or browser extension for 2FA - Request ID: 310567 (Improvement Request Details - Request #310567)

Amanda @ Carleton University

I no longer have access to any forums through emails. I tried voting but my login in credentials are not working. I also have been locked out of our Test enviornment. The QR code and other option does not work. I have submitted tickets for access to the TEST site but have never heard 2FA being required for these on other TEST systems. 

Thanks, Larry

@LarryGreenblatt could you provide some details on what isn't working specifically, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

I am unable to attach the screen shot. I log in using my test account login ID. It asks for the QR code or to use the manual code. I add the manual code and get an error message that says the authentication code is incorrect. Try again.

I've tried several times.

Thanks, Larry

This is to get into the Test enviornment. I am not that concerned about voting at this point. Thanks

AP_CLERK
Occasional Member - Level 2

I'm trying to register an account but, so far I can't get in to vote.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AP_CLERK could you please provide a screenshot of what happens when you try to register? Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
AP_CLERK

It looks like it should have registered now, but I'm still waiting for the email to arrive to confirm the account.

AP_CLERK

However, I'm now less inclined to vote after reading through more of the FAQ about the 2factor authentication. The browser extension options resolve the problem we thought we were running into.

mcnerney
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you @Amandalangton  Your Improvement Requests inspired me to log Improvement Request 310701

2FA Trusted Device or Session 24-hour | 30 day setting

2FA Trusted Device or Session 24-hour | 30 day setting Request ID: 310701

Please vote if you are experiencing too much time spent assisting users with 2FA, and finding having to enter authentication code at every login onerous

Amandalangton

I just submitted a new Request for Test sites only. Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com) Request #321157

Amanda @ Carleton University