cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Member - Level 1

Concur Detect and Oversight

I'm curious if anyone has experience with Concur Detect and/or Oversight.  What was the implementation timeline and complexity?  Was it worth the effor?  How well is it working?

17 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 2

Re: Concur Detect and Oversight

I am also curious about this.  While my company has not yet signed on with Concur, I have included Detect as a "must have" in all of my analysis and proposals.  So, I would love to hear real user feedback.

Highlighted
New Member - Level 1

We've been using Oversight for about five years.  It was a very easy implementation, I'd say only a few weeks, mostly for gathering information, deciding what to choose, and making updates.  It has significantly reduced our out-of-pocket spend, which was a priority due to our corporate card program.  It also easily identifies duplicate reimbursements that we have been able to recoup. 

Highlighted

Oversight not Detect.  Implementation was not a huge undertaking if I remember correctly.  Our adjusting the parameters to what data we needed to target and our procedures of working the data was a lengthier process, but still not overly difficult.   Well, worth the effort.

Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 1

We're just completing our implementation of Oversight.  Agree with previous comments that implementation has gone smoothly and we are already seeing the benefits.  We were waiting on a response from Concur but some of you may be able to respond. 

We are needing some assistance in what our option are with regards to workflow in both timing, and at which step the Oversight process happens. Would appreciate connecting with those of you using Oversight.   How are you inserting Oversight into your workflow? I know Oversight feeds back in an exception code to indicate their analysis is done. Is there any option to hold a report at a certain workflow step until that exception is received and only then allow it to advance? Would be happy to connect outside this forum if you provide contact details. Thanks and good luck to those of you considering Detect or Oversight.  

Highlighted

We used Appzen (or Concur Detect) for more than 2 years. I don't have experience with Oversight.
We like Appzen, after one year we expanded from North America to all global regions. Appzen implementation is very easy, it could be done in couple weeks. It help us to save a lot on non compliant expenses.

Highlighted

We just went live with Concur Detect on July 1st.  I found the implementation to be straight forward.  It took us 8 weeks and we started in late April.  We made a few configuration adjustments during testing and a few more after being on the platform for one month.

For us it has highlighted some training opportunities, unauthorized expenses, and duplicates.  Only one month in and our spend is very abnormal due to Covid, so I imagine I'll be reviewing/tweaking for the next few months.

Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 3

We are an organization of about 1,300 employees and we support the travel (in typical times) of about another 700 users. We implemented Detect and used it for about a year. We found it to be very labor-intensive and very error-prone. We ran into a great number of false positives (e.g., software purchases being reported as alcohol). It was costing us significant sums of money in labor hours to manage it (in addition to the subscription cost) and we were seeing very little savings from it. I could envision it working well for much bigger organizations if they're able to remedy the false positives but the benefit was just not there for our organization. We've been very happy with most Concur products but for us, Detect was a total bust. 

Highlighted

We have been using App Zen and I do find it is good for finding duplicates, but agree that the number of false flags is a pain. So far its helpful, but I wouldnt say its amazing. 

Highlighted
Occasional Member - Level 1

We implemented Detect earlier this year and it took about 8 weeks overall. 

The most consuming part was to have expense type in Concur mapped to the right Appzen expense type with threshold. It is challeging if you have a lot of currencies and rules in the system.