cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Published on ‎May 1, 2024 03:13 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎May 15, 2024 12:05 PM

This event is now closed. If you have additional questions about Reporting, check out our Reporting Hub, or ask your question in the Additional Products Forum.

Please join us on Wednesday, May 15 from 11am – 12pm Pacific where @ratanathong  and @TanyaM  from the SAP Concur Reporting team provide answers to some of the most commonly asked Reporting questions and a few tips and tricks they find helpful for building reports with maximum impact.

This is an interactive “Ask Me Anything” event! Meaning, during this event, you will have the opportunity to ask our reporting experts any questions you might have regarding Reporting in our event thread below. Think of this like a mini-Fusion session where you can chat with our Reporting subject-matter experts and gain keen insights simply by commenting and asking them in line (below). They will answer them on May 15th at 11am PT.

Some items of importance:

1. THIS IS NOT A WEBINAR – The Ask Me Anything event takes place here on the Community as a conversation thread. Members post their questions and our experts reply directly to that question. There is no link to join a webinar or video recording.
  2. Due to the nature of Reporting being a more complex tool, please keep questions specific. This allows our experts to provide clear and concise answers since we only have one hour designated for the event. An example of a specific question would be: “Is it possible to build a filter to show data for the last x number of days”?
  3. Please do not ask our experts if they can build a report for you. The process would be too long to type in a response. They can help get you started, but they will not be providing steps on how to build out any custom reports.
  4. This event will focus on Cognos reporting, not our Analytics tool.

So, get your reporting questions ready and we will see you on May 15.

Featured Guests
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Labels (1)
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, May 15, 2024 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Wed, May 15, 2024 12:00 PM PDT
28 Replies
JAllen
New Member - Level 2

Can you provide information on where to find training or a manual to create / modify prompts?

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @JAllen  - you can find some helpful documents here as well as the entire training manual and options for free live webinars that are available. https://www.concurtraining.com/cnqr/cognos-11-registration

If you have a specific prompt you want to change, please reply and I can try to help.

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

TIP/TRICK:  When you see "unassigned" in the standard reports, that means the expense isn't on/in an expense report and it's sitting in the employee's available expenses. 

TanyaM_0-1715797146672.png

sbrown3513
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hello, from one of my support tickets with Concur, I was told "every field that is present in Intelligence(Report Studio) is available in Analysis(Query Studio), however, some fields are not compatible with each other when using Query Studio".  Is there a list that tells us which fields are not compatible? 

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @sbrown3513  - we don't have an official list, but I'm happy to share a little cheat sheet I created.  The folders with the green checkmarks can be used together safely.  Please let me know what questions you have on this.  

TanyaM_1-1715798262644.png

sbrown3513
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thank you! Can you please clarify what you mean by 'exclude parent entries or itemizations'?

MitchellW
Community Manager

As we wrap up this event, @TanyaM  and @ratanathong, do you have any special tips and tricks for reporting that you'd like to share before you go?

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

I have a few and thank you to everyone who attended today!  

TanyaM_0-1715799214177.png

TanyaM_1-1715799224864.pngTanyaM_2-1715799235675.png

@MitchellW  Thank you, I do have a few tips/tricks to share with Reporting users.

• Differences between reimbursement currency - transaction currency - reporting currency
    • Transaction Currency: the currency in which the actual expense takes place.
    • Reimbursement Currency: the currency with which the employee is being reimbursed. A client can define a list of currencies that the client can use for reimbursing its employees. For example, a client can reimburse its employees living in the United States with US dollars (USD) while reimbursing its employees that live in Germany with euros (EUR) and its Canadian employees with Canadian dollars (CAD).
    • Reporting Currency: the currency used by the administrator creating the rules and limits. For example, if the client is headquartered in Germany and it completes its amount-related monitoring at the global level in Germany, then it is likely that the client creates rules using Euros. Therefore, Euro is the reporting currency for the company.
  • Sign out to avoid the dreaded unable to sign in error
  • When scheduling a report, make sure to turn on “Attach Report Output” to include the report as an attachment. A screenshot is below:
    • ratanathong_0-1715799341321.png

• Make sure you “SAVE” the report and “SAVE often” (You can save a new version too by clicking “Save as”.)
    • ratanathong_1-1715799359492.png