cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Published on ‎May 1, 2024 03:13 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎May 15, 2024 12:05 PM

This event is now closed. If you have additional questions about Reporting, check out our Reporting Hub, or ask your question in the Additional Products Forum.

Please join us on Wednesday, May 15 from 11am – 12pm Pacific where @ratanathong  and @TanyaM  from the SAP Concur Reporting team provide answers to some of the most commonly asked Reporting questions and a few tips and tricks they find helpful for building reports with maximum impact.

This is an interactive “Ask Me Anything” event! Meaning, during this event, you will have the opportunity to ask our reporting experts any questions you might have regarding Reporting in our event thread below. Think of this like a mini-Fusion session where you can chat with our Reporting subject-matter experts and gain keen insights simply by commenting and asking them in line (below). They will answer them on May 15th at 11am PT.

Some items of importance:

1. THIS IS NOT A WEBINAR – The Ask Me Anything event takes place here on the Community as a conversation thread. Members post their questions and our experts reply directly to that question. There is no link to join a webinar or video recording.
  2. Due to the nature of Reporting being a more complex tool, please keep questions specific. This allows our experts to provide clear and concise answers since we only have one hour designated for the event. An example of a specific question would be: “Is it possible to build a filter to show data for the last x number of days”?
  3. Please do not ask our experts if they can build a report for you. The process would be too long to type in a response. They can help get you started, but they will not be providing steps on how to build out any custom reports.
  4. This event will focus on Cognos reporting, not our Analytics tool.

So, get your reporting questions ready and we will see you on May 15.

Featured Guests
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Labels (1)
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, May 15, 2024 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Wed, May 15, 2024 12:00 PM PDT
28 Replies
cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

I am on PTO next week so won't be able to attend 😞 

Is this going to be recorded for "watch later"?

MitchellW
Community Manager

Hello @cmakai, the beauty of our AMA events is that you can post your question ahead of time, right here, just as you did to ask the question above. There's no recording because the event is purely text that can be referenced at any time just by coming back to this event page and seeing what the conversation looked like. 

Again, just because our Reporting experts are only going to be on on May 15th, doesn't mean you can't ask your question ahead of time to be involved even while on PTO. 

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

Thanks @MitchellW ! I didn't realize I could ask questions ahead of the event! 🙂 

Any tips on the topic of REBILL history?

For example, a user (our associate) submits an expense and notates that it's (fraud or) a disputed item, then they are provided a dispute credit by the card servicer.  Once the card servicer has researched the transaction, they've decided it's a valid transaction and they rebill the associate for the charge.  I can filter on Merchant name to pull anything with "FRAUD" or "DISPUTE" or "CREDIT" to see all of the debits and credits, but I don't know the best way to match up to the original transaction.

Is there any way to easily "identify" the original transaction within the reporting and link it up to the rebill?  OR a tip on linking these types of things through key word(s)?

We've tried asking them to mark questionable transactions as Expense type Miscellaneous_Fraud but they don't typically do it on the initial charge, as most of our transactions are mapped by their MCC codes, so they're defaulted into an expected Expense type.

*Purpose for the report is compliance/potential fraud

ratanathong
SAP Concur Employee

@cmakai Thank you for your question. In this above scenario, I would think you have 3 transactions total: 1. The original Charge, 2. The credit, 3. The rebill. You can use Standard "expense entry analysis" report to run and filter for that one associate. Hope that helps.

TammyK
Super User

Hello,

Is it possible to insert a column to show all "Approved Amounts" in USD?

The default currency for all reporting is Euros set by our Global team so I can't submit a case ticket to change the default to USD as they want it Euros.  I did figure out how to change our specific column to return the Approved amount value based on the country.  

Our Finance Director runs the "Expense Entry Analysis" report to include Canada, Mexico and the U.S.  Currently we are running it and then converting all amounts to USD.

My report name:  Expense Entry Analysis Details_Prompts w-Badge+Facility+Group.

TammyK_0-1715785854492.png

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @TammyK  Our reporting system cannot do conversions other than the one reporting currency, which in your case is Euros.  I do have a link to share that might help you with the manual part in Excel.  Hope this helps save you some time.   https://www.simplesheets.co/blog/change-currency-excel

mimifung
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello, Posted Date is not available for a report built by us in Analysis. Is it correct? Or we did not do it right.

Thank you!

TanyaM
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @mimifung  - the posted date can be found in the credit card folder.  You can add it to expense report data without issues.   

JAllen
New Member - Level 2

Are there any plans for an Odata connector?

KevinD
Community Manager

@JAllen if you mean to extract data from Cognos, then no. I've been at SAP Concur 15 years and we have not had any type of connector option for Cognos. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aurober
Junior Member - Level 1

Is there any way to write the daily meal per diem audit rule to look at the attendee amounts vs. the expense amount? 

KevinD
Community Manager

@aurober hello there. This Ask Me Anything is focused on our Cognos reporting specifically. For your question, if you would kindly post it in the Admin Group, I'll get to it after we are done here. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
shiraa2

How does one assign report permissions to a particular user or group?

ratanathong
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @shiraa2 you can go to the report > properties > permissions > click on "+" to add. Please refer to this attached PDF for further reference. 

shiraa2

thanks @ratanathong 

Please repost  the PDF attachment.

ratanathong
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @shiraa2 it was in a screenshot instead of PDF. I see you are not able to load "users/group". Let me test on a report, and I will be glad to get back at you shortly. Thanks!

ratanathong
SAP Concur Employee

ratanathong_0-1715797200179.png

shiraa2

I followed the instructions but there is not group, user or role available to select. please see attached screenshot. 

Also, my assigned role is Cognos professional author 

shiraa2_0-1715797741188.png

ratanathong
SAP Concur Employee

@shiraa2 Hello again, I want to clarify that this screenshot instruction is applied to the folder level. Also kindly note that in order to manager permissions on a folder, you must be the one who created the folder. If there is specific report you want to restrict others from accessing, I suggest creating a new folder and move the report to that folder. You can then manage folder permission following the instruction above.

Lastly, you may not be able to select new users/groups, but merely modify the rights of the users by changing their access type to "Read, Run, Write, Full, etc." I hope that helps and thank you for time joining Ask-Me-Anything Cognos Event! Have a great day.