cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
torrch5
Occasional Member - Level 1

requesting to use an unused flight credit via online.

When I have unused flight credits, I was told by a travel agent that the only way to use the credit is to call in and have it applied which charges my company. Are there plans to let us the end user apply these credits in the future? I don't think we should be charged a greater rate to book with a credit just because we have to call in. 

1 Solution
Solution
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@torrch5  @Lyla If there are any unused tickets available in your profile, the user/arranger will see all available unused tickets in the traveler's Concur Travel profile and in the Alerts section of the traveler's home page. 

• If unused tickets exist, the information will be clearly displayed during the booking process
  • When the booking is completed, Concur Travel will send the reservation to your Travel Management Company (TMC)
  • The TMC will then review the reservation and determine if the unused ticket can be applied to the new reservation 

Note: An unused ticket credit can only be applied by the TMC at the time of ticketing if the rule policy allows. Please note that Concur Travel cannot guarantee that the ticket credit will be applied. It is the TMC's responsibility to apply credits when ticketing. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lyla
Occasional Member - Level 2

I have the same question here and even recently we faced with the challenge from Auditor that if employees have to offline contact the travel agent to cancel air tickets, how can we know if the travel agent will timely process the ticket cancelation request from a process control perspective? As it's not possible to cancel air ticket online, we actually lost the data completion of air ticket cancelation, without which it's not possible to reconcile with Travel Agent's unused ticket report to see if all ticket cancelation requests have been timely performed without any missing. May I please seek for your good practice or insights on this matter? Thanks. 

Solution
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@torrch5  @Lyla If there are any unused tickets available in your profile, the user/arranger will see all available unused tickets in the traveler's Concur Travel profile and in the Alerts section of the traveler's home page. 

• If unused tickets exist, the information will be clearly displayed during the booking process
  • When the booking is completed, Concur Travel will send the reservation to your Travel Management Company (TMC)
  • The TMC will then review the reservation and determine if the unused ticket can be applied to the new reservation 

Note: An unused ticket credit can only be applied by the TMC at the time of ticketing if the rule policy allows. Please note that Concur Travel cannot guarantee that the ticket credit will be applied. It is the TMC's responsibility to apply credits when ticketing. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
torrch5
Occasional Member - Level 1

@TriciaW thanks for the response. 

TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Lyla  Concur does not have a specific report for cancelled/refunded tickets.  Your TMC should be able to provide a report for you.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
Lyla
Occasional Member - Level 2

@TriciaW Thanks for your reply. You are right that TMC is keeping the unused ticket report, but the thing in here is that currently users cannot cancel air ticket online, which means from a company process control perspective, we lost the data completion of what exactly happened from user's ticket cancelation behavior. What if 100 air tickets have been requested to be canceled, but actually only 90 tickets were performed ticket cancelation by the TMC - how to make sure we have the visibility of the gaps in between? That is the pain point that we're looking for solution. Thanks./ Lyla