i really enjoy using mileage calculator but we have some customer who needs printed map for us to be reimbursed.
Can someone tell us how to print maps from concur like the other receipts? i tried to save it but it looks very funny.
There is not a print option built in. I would suggest using some sort of screen capture like SnagIt or something similar.
I believe you can also press Alt+PrtSc to capture your screen and save it as an image. Then send that to the customer.
I can't believe this is still not a feature in Concur for such a long time. This is a clearly a requirement for a lot of auditors. Manually taking screenshots is not a solution a modern software like Concur should give users.
@JackFan Hello there. I'd like to offer the following to help explain why the print option is not available for the mileage calculator.
1. From its inception, SAP Concur's goal was to completely automate the expense reporting process, hence very limited print options found in the tool.
2. Along with my first point, SAP has a goal of becoming carbon neutral, so not having the print option for the calculator is in accordance with this initiative.
3. Printing off the route when the route can be viewed by anyone reviewing the expense report is extra work for the end user and the auditor. Digital copies of receipts are perfectly acceptable for reimbursement purposes, so a digital copy of the mileage route should also be acceptable. We are trying to promote less work for all involved in the process.
4. Requirements for anything printed is the sole decision of that company/auditor and goes against the idea of an automated, paperless process. The onus of how to provide a hard copy, should then lie with that company since they are choosing something that goes against the main design of SAP Concur.
5. I believe the number of our customers who do not require printed routes greatly outweighs those that do.
I hope this provides a little bit of clarity.
You are not answering my question. Paperless ≠ Not capturing the map; print mileage map ≠ print it physically. What Concur is lacking is capturing the mileage map digitally within concur "printed report" templates.
I got it. You don't know know what a "printed report" is. It is technical term used in Concur to refer to the digital package. It is strange you don't know this, Kevin.
@JackFan my apologies for not understanding you meant in the Printed Reports template. I didn't see that in your original post.
My reply to the original poster was a workaround since the option is not available. I'm not in product development and do not get to decide what features are implemented, so I can only provide a solution based on what features are available in the tool.
I'm on this Community to try and provide help where I can and provide explanations as to why something is or is not available. If you look at point #5 in my post, that is likely why the option isn't available. I have worked directly with a lot of our customers (probably around 1000 or so) and this thread is the first time I've ever heard someone say they needed the ability to print the map. There just aren't many customers requesting this feature.