cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikehutchison
New Member - Level 1

Unused Ticket

You need to have a better explanation of how to use the unused tickets.   I booked another trip expecting that the unused ticket would be applied.  No where in the process did it seem to appear.  Once the trip was booked I called in to ask why it didn't appear my credit was being used.  I was told it would happen automatically when the ticket was issued.  Needless to say this isn't what happened.  So now I've called back in to see what can be done and I'm told nothing as the ticket is now issued and that I should of called in to book the trip versus using the system.  No where is this fully explained during the process.  That should be a note on the "unused ticket" popup stating to call in to use the ticket.  Needless to say I wouldn't have book this airline other than for the ticket credit.  Now I'm flying an airline I hate and still have a credit with them.

2 REPLIES 2
acmorgan12
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @mikehutchison our employees have experienced the exact same situation. The standard answer is talk to your TMC (Travel agency). However, if the system is configured and states ' Full credit - will be applied automatically to next qualifying ticket' the end user has to take this and believe that the next trip they book with the same airline will result in the credit being applied to the new ticket. This does not happen. It happens so sporadically that I have told all my employees we will have to pay the extra fee and you are required to call in to the agency to use an unused ticket.  This means our cost to use Concur Travel goes up 300x in fees just to use up the unused ticket. This is the only way that we have been successful in using these tickets.

They should really update the site to not read 'Full Credit will be applied' It should say more like 'You may have a credit you may be able to use but we like to make it complicated so we will surprise you after you book.'

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikehutchison and @acmorgan12 if the credit isn't being applied, you may consider submitting a ticket to Concur Support. However, from what I've read and been told, your Travel Agency is ultimately the one responsible for applying the credit. I would reach out to them as well and ask them about this since it is incurring extra fees for you.

Think of it this way, when a user books a trip with Concur Travel, SAP Concur isn't getting the ticket confirmed and issued, it is your TMC. Same with an unused ticket. Put the responsibility on your travel agency.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.