cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtrela
Occasional Member - Level 2

Unused Ticket Inventory

Hi, how are you managing your unused ticket inventory at this time? Can your TMC provide historical ticket data when exchanges are made, especially when name changes on tickets are being done?  We are trying to monitor the reuse of these tickets.

5 Solutions
Solution
Maymie_Mc

Good morning. Our TMC provides us a monthly unused ticket report. It will house the purchase date as well as the expiration date for use. It will aso show the original value and the estimated penalty for use. When the traveler is booking thier trip it, they will receive an alert that they have unused ticket funds that can be used and do they want to use them. The  TMC will use them when ticketing the trip before invoicing. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Solution
tvarner
Super User
Super User

We were already receiving an exchanged ticket report. However, the report doesn't address if the exchange was associated with a name change. I have asked my agency if they could provide this and have not heard back. This is something new for all TMCs and may require a change in their scripting to record the name of the original ticket holder. Hopefully a solotion can be found soon.

Solution
rward2
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @mtrela ,

Our TMC can provide us a report of all our unused tickets and it usually indicates the PNR, the Agency Record Locator, and the expiration date. The only time data about an exchange isn't availalbe is when the employee changes the flight directly instead of through our TMC. (Which is prohibited) For reporting purposes and in order to manage the data employees must make changes like you referenced (name change) by contacting our agency. I believe this answer will vary from TMC to TMC as it depends on the systems they are using and how they talk to Concur. We currently use AMEX GBT and have had issues with information updating from their system back to Concur. Another way I manage our unused tickets is through the TRAVEL REPORTS in Concur. I am not sure if you have that feature or not, but the data that is pushed into Concur from our TMC is always availalbe, but more detailed information is only recorded if an employee contacts the agency and doesn't do it on their own directly with the air carrier. I suggest reaching out to your TMC account manager and setting up a quick call to go over what you need and what they can do to support the fulfillment of your request. This was a bear when I first began managing it but once you develop a system and communicate to employees what you need from them, it becomes much more manageable.

Best Regards,

Rosalie Ward

Solution
mtrela

Thanks so much for your response but will CWT let you know who reused that unused ticket if it was not the same person? 

Solution
rward2
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @mtrela ,

Yes, actually the TMC's that we have calls with are all top partners with Concur and use all their systems to streamline Concur. You are right, hopefully one day they will all arrive at the same place to offer the same services. Thus far, we have had calls with GANT travel and Direct Travel.  The differences between those partnered with Concur (using their systems) have more advantages then those who use other systems (other than Concur.)

Best Regards,

Rosalie

13 REPLIES 13