cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KZDVNC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unused Air Ticket Expense

I have a credit from a previous trip that was cancelled due to COVID. I now have booked a trip but the credit is not used against the airfare. I have not yet traveled on the ticket so I assume I can use the credit when I expense the trip correct? Please advise.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KZDVNC was the credit on the same airline as the trip you booked or a different airline? Airline credits don't necessarily relate to submitting an expense. The first trip that was canceled, did you submit that airline expense? Airfare credits work differently than a refund since there was a purchase made for a service (the flight), it is just that you haven't used that "service" yet. If you book a flight in SAP Concur and that flight gets canceled leaving you with a credit on that airline, the next time you book on that same airline, the credit should automatically get applied to the next booking. If it didn't, then you should contact your company's Travel Management Company to get it applied or when you have an upcoming trip and plan to use that airline, call your TMC to make sure they apply the credit to the new booking. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KZDVNC was the credit on the same airline as the trip you booked or a different airline? Airline credits don't necessarily relate to submitting an expense. The first trip that was canceled, did you submit that airline expense? Airfare credits work differently than a refund since there was a purchase made for a service (the flight), it is just that you haven't used that "service" yet. If you book a flight in SAP Concur and that flight gets canceled leaving you with a credit on that airline, the next time you book on that same airline, the credit should automatically get applied to the next booking. If it didn't, then you should contact your company's Travel Management Company to get it applied or when you have an upcoming trip and plan to use that airline, call your TMC to make sure they apply the credit to the new booking. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KZDVNC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you Kevin. I will contact AMEX. The credit was applied to my account by Delta. This is the airline I am using now.