cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc0
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to reserve seat on flights

I was unable to reserve a seat on both outgoing and incoming flights.

1 Solution
Solution
Marc0

The issue was that the ticket was purchased from American but the flight is operated by Jet Blue.  I called the agent and she was able to access my reservation through Jet Blue and reserve seats in both directions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marc0 in these situations I would recommend completing the booking, then going to the airline directly to reserve the seat. If the flight is filling up, the airline may hold some seats by showing them as not available and then release them later. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Marc0

The issue was that the ticket was purchased from American but the flight is operated by Jet Blue.  I called the agent and she was able to access my reservation through Jet Blue and reserve seats in both directions.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marc0 Great to hear. Safe travels. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RJA6112
Occasional Member - Level 2

The root cause of this problem is United no longer allows to select seats generically / blind sell. Booking via Concur or GDS user will need to display seat map to assign and confirm seats. Yes going directly to airline website is an option especially for seat purchases.