cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajohnson1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Travel Requests-Non-Reimbursable

Hello,

I have a question about Travel Requests(TRs) for non-reimbursable or insurance only trips vs. trips that will have a reimbursable expense to the travel on organizational funds. Does Concur have a way, or a form, to submit TRs that are just for insurance coverage only that is a separate process from the TRs you create to encumber funds for reimbursable trips?  This is travel related to public university use.

3 REPLIES 3
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ajohnson1  Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I have a clarifying question on your business requirements? Do you ever need to reimburse or pay for information that would be added to the Request through SAP Concur? What I am understanding from the information your provided is that you want users to submit a request with their Travel Itinerary details for data capture. Is that correct?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ajohnson1
Occasional Member - Level 1

@leedauYou are correct, our university requires all traveling employees on university business to submit a TR, even if they are not being reimbursed. We call the ones not being reimbursed and just being entered for data collection for insurance purposes as $0 TRs. I was wondering though it there was a separate process for those types on TRs in Concur because even with $0 we have to go out an manually close those TRs after the travel was complete. So I guess I was wondering if there was a process within Concur where you could capture the non-reimbursable trip data without creating an open TR?

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ajohnson1 Thanks for the follow up. So, my understanding is that you have users that book travel through an alternative method, they they enter them into a Travel Request for your reporting/tracking purposes. Have you looked at or considered TripLink? This is to capture travel bookings/segments that are booked directly with suppliers. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.