cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antac
New Member - Level 1

Splitting Hotel Costs with Another Institution

Hello,

I am attending a conference and was hoping to split my hotel costs with a colleague at another institution. Is there a way to denote and only pay my half of the hotel stay through my institution via Concur? 

My expectation is that I could book through my institution, split the bill with my colleague on check out, and then add a justification comment as to why I'm only requesting reimbursement on half of the charge.

Does anyone have any experience they can share? Much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@antac hello there. One thing I would do first is ask your manager if they are okay with it since they will approve the expense. Secondly, I've never heard of a company being upset about reimbursing a lesser amount. 🙂

If you are using a company assigned credit card and are only charged half, then that is the amount that will come into SAP Concur. If you used a personal card and were only charged half, then the receipt you receive should reflect it. You could use the Comment field to explain that you split the cost with someone else.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.