cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaon
Occasional Member - Level 1

Segment departure date cannot be in the past

This is my first time using CONCUR, and I'm encountering an issue. I cannot submit the travel request form due to the error "Segment departure date cannot be in the past." I did not submit a travel request form before my travel. How to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Shaon

5 REPLIES 5
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @shaon ,

Travel Request module is mainly used to take advance approval on your future/upcoming travel trip. Hence, your travel request should always be created with future date instead of past dates. 

And expense module is used to claim past dated travel expenses. Hence, it should be always created with past dates.

To resolve this error, you may double check whether all segments added in your travel request such as (airfare, rail, car rental, hotel accommodation etc.) have future date or not. You may have mistakenly selected current date or date from the past month and didn't realize. You can correct all those segment departure date and select correct future date and save segment forms again.

Note - your segment arrival/departure date should be within your travel request start and end date. This is one of the Concurs standard rule. 

Upon correction, this error will get resolved.

Hope this would help.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
shaon

Hi @PoojaKumatkar ,

Thanks for your reply. I have already attended the conference and not submitted any Travel requests prior to the conference.  So all the dates are now past. 

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @shaon ,

In that case, you can directly create your expense report and claim those expenses. No need to create any travel request.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
shaon

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. May I know how to directly create  expense report ? That would be really helpful.

Thanks

Shaon 

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @shaon ,

To create expense report follow below steps:

1. Login to Concur

2. Go to Home >> Expense >> Create New Report (see on right hand side middle) 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1720505478649.png

3.  Fill in report header required information by choosing correct policy and click on 'create report' button on bottom.

4. Click on 'Add expense' button and search for the right expense type which you would like to add into your expense report. 

OR

Click on 'Add expense' button, click 'available expenses' and choose the available expenses (Note - available expenses is mainly for credit card transactions/ mobile uploaded expenses/receipts)

5. fill in all the required information in expense entry form and save. Repeat step 4 and 5 for all the expenses which you want to add.

6. Submit Report.

Done.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja