cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMimeault
Occasional Member - Level 1

Rental car for personnal travel

Can i rent a car for a personnal travel via concur using corporate card? If yes, how i can do the refund on my corporate card?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DMimeault I don't know your company policy, but in my experience, companies do not want their employees making personal purchases on the corporate card. I would say to be safe, don't do it. 

If you do end up doing it, I would suggest speaking with your direct manager on how to reconcile it and how you should pay back the company.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DMimeault
Occasional Member - Level 1

I look at the company policy and i will finally not do it. Thanks for your answer.

BStrait
Super User
Super User

So, first of all, I would definitely follow the advice from Kevin regarding understanding your company policy around personal charges and personal use of your corporate card. It may also be good to understand any limitations that you may have internally around personal use of corporate discounts. 

Generally speaking, the private sector does not object too much to an individual benefitting from a company discount. In the public sector, this is generally considered to be a violation, as an individual should not be allowed to benefit personally from public funds.

All of this being said, if you have checked on both card policy and internal policy regarding corporate discounts, there is usually some means within a report to flag a company card charge as "personal, do not reimburse". This can either be displayed as a flag on the expense type form itself, or a separate expense type entirely. If you have personal expenses on the report that in total will exceed the personal expense, the personal expense will net against that money. If the personal expense is the only thing on the report, or it exceeds the any amount due employee, then it really depends on how your organization has built this scenario into their concur platform.  If they have planned for "amount due company" scenarios, that amount may be posted as a receivable for the employee to pay, or deducted from payroll. Either can be true, which is why you should check in with someone listed as an administrator for your account.