cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LupinBandit
Occasional Member - Level 2

Receiving generic error when reserving a flight

Hello,

I tried to purchase a flight last night but received a generic failure message and was given the open to Return or Try Again.  I chose to return but then didn't see the flight I wanted (maybe was still reserved) so I decided to wait until this morning to try again.  I searched for possible flights again this morning and saw more, cheaper options so I chose one of those.  I picked the seats I wanted and went to purchase the flight but again received the same generic error message.  I chose to Try Again this time but they just took me back to the listing of flight options, and the one I wanted wasn't available now.  I assume I'm successfully reserving my flight, somehow, but the purchase is erroring-out.  Is there a way for you to check?

The options I now have are $200 more than the one I chose earlier today.  I'd like to find that flight from this morning and successfully purchase it, but I'm not sure how long I might have to wait for that reservation to expire and the flight be available again.  I'm also not sure my purchase will be successful this time.  The previous 2 attempts have failed so I'm leery.

It's been a few years since I've used Concur to book flights, so it could be something I'm doing.  I don't know.  We're also going through a credit card change, from AMEX to Citi VISA.  In short, I don't know what's wrong.  Any assistance would be very helpful since I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
LupinBandit

Thanks for the advice.  It turned out to be my credit card.  We're changing company's and, even though I've received and activated my new card, I wasn't able to reserve any flights using the new one.  When I tried this morning using my old card, it worked fine.  Unfortunately, the error message I received gave no indication that the issue was card related.  Oh well, all should be resolved moving forward.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LupinBandit

I'm on a Linux system using the web interface.  Should I download the app to my Windows VM and use that instead?

@LupinBandit I wouldn't say that you should use the app instead. However, I don't think it would be an issue to use the app on our Windows VM.

If the issue persists, you might want to call your travel agency to see if there is some issue with your profile.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
LupinBandit

Thanks for the advice.  It turned out to be my credit card.  We're changing company's and, even though I've received and activated my new card, I wasn't able to reserve any flights using the new one.  When I tried this morning using my old card, it worked fine.  Unfortunately, the error message I received gave no indication that the issue was card related.  Oh well, all should be resolved moving forward.