cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave730
Occasional Member - Level 2

Personal Hotel Stay (Out of Policy Violation)

I'm trying to figure out why I get an "Out of Policy Violation" when I make a personal hotel stay on the hotel's website. I've made several reservations at Marriott hotels, but I do it with my personal profile on Marriott's website. However, every time I do, I get a message saying my stay is out of policy. I've unlinked my Marriott rewards number from my Concur Profile, so I'm not sure why it keeps happening. I wouldn't really worry about it, except my Director gets an email as well and I have to explain what happened and it's frustrating. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Thanks! Dave 

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 On the home screen of SAP Concur (when you log in) you'll see a Company Notes section. If you click Read More it will expand. There should be a number to reach AMEX Travel. 

Also, I might have gotten a solution for you. If you are logged into Concur, go to the top of the screen and click on App Center. When the App Center opens, you'll see a search field near the upper right corner. Type Marriott into the search field, then click Search. It should bring up one option that says Marriott International. If it says Connected in green, that means you are still connected. Click on the tile, then click Disconnect. 

Give that a try and let me know if it works. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
Dave730

Thanks, Kevin! I as still connected through the Marriott app. I disconnected it. I have another reservation I need to make, so I'll give it another try. I appreciate the quick help and it appears this will take care of it. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 I will admit, this is a bit strange. Somehow SAP Concur is still seeing a link between your profile and Marriott. Have you tried reaching out to your travel agency and asked them if they can help?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Dave730

I reached directly to Concur and they weren't much help. I don't know if deleting my profile and redoing it would help. I can't be the only one who has experienced. I wonder if eliminating the cookies on Google Chrome would help. Thanks for the reply!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 I don't usually recommend deleting anything until the issue is exactly known. I've been at SAP Concur over 12 years and I can't say I've seen this issue come up before. That doesn't mean it hasn't though. I can try and post something internally to see if I get a reply and let you know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Dave730

That would be great.....Thanks! I was only thinking that maybe the cookies in Chrome were allowing SAP Concur to keep them automatically connected. The original person I talked to at Concur gave me a phone number for Amex, but I think the number has been changed because I couldn't get the call to connect. Thanks again!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 On the home screen of SAP Concur (when you log in) you'll see a Company Notes section. If you click Read More it will expand. There should be a number to reach AMEX Travel. 

Also, I might have gotten a solution for you. If you are logged into Concur, go to the top of the screen and click on App Center. When the App Center opens, you'll see a search field near the upper right corner. Type Marriott into the search field, then click Search. It should bring up one option that says Marriott International. If it says Connected in green, that means you are still connected. Click on the tile, then click Disconnect. 

Give that a try and let me know if it works. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
Dave730

Thanks, Kevin! I as still connected through the Marriott app. I disconnected it. I have another reservation I need to make, so I'll give it another try. I appreciate the quick help and it appears this will take care of it. Thanks again!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 Whew! If it wasn't that, I was out of ideas. 🙂

Let me know if it works after you make your next reservation. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Dave730

You'll get a kick out of this....so, I had made a personal reservation a few weeks ago, but I did it directly on Marriott's website, and no issues with SAP Concur. The reservation I made last night was on my iPhone app, and that created the Out of Policy alert. It seems it's more about being connected to the app and not my Marriott Rewards number. Interesting! Thanks again for the help and have a great 4th of July weekend!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dave730 that is is quite interesting. Enjoy your long weekend. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey