cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmanglin
Occasional Member - Level 2

Need to change Start/End dates of approved request

Hello,

I am unable to recall an approved travel request because the start date was 3 days ago and there is an attached expense report. Due to miscommunication, I need to change the start and end dates of my travel. Can I cancel this request, start a new one, and add the existing expense report? The flight was cancelled last mintue and I was issued travel credit (unused tickets).

Or, can I contact the approver and have it sent back to be edited and re-submitted even though there is an expense report?

Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @mmanglin ,

Typically, you will not be able to change dates for a request/ expense report once completely approved. Depending on your company policies, it may be okay to continue using the existing request or to get one approved in addition (with the new dates included). Best advice in such case is to consult your internal support teams on the expected behavior.

Hope this helps.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @mmanglin ,

Typically, you will not be able to change dates for a request/ expense report once completely approved. Depending on your company policies, it may be okay to continue using the existing request or to get one approved in addition (with the new dates included). Best advice in such case is to consult your internal support teams on the expected behavior.

Hope this helps.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmanglin what is the status of the expense report this request is attached to? If the report is Sent for Payment, Processing Payment or Paid, then there isn't anything you can do.

Let me know if the report status is something other than the ones I've mentioned.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
mmanglin

@KevinD the report is still open ("returned" status because I submitted it and then pulled it back)

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmanglin I know you can delete the request from the report and create a new one. I don't know what will happen if you create a new request and have travel dates that are in the past. If the system allows you to do that, then you can submit that request and once fully approved, attach it to the report.

I just am not sure about how your site is set up as far as past travel dates on a Travel Request.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
mmanglin

Update: It turns out I can still use the existing travel request even though the start and end dates are not accurate, per my company's policy.

@rohanpatiland @KevinD Thank you for your help!