cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imcintosh
New Member - Level 1

Middle Initial

I've been having issues getting Concur to recognize that I don't utilize my middle initial for travel. My passport and airlines account do not utilize it. I've gone through my HR department and ensure'd its not included in my legal name so that concur doesn't pull it into the system; however, when I go into my profile it is still loaded in the middle initial slot of my profile. The box is checked that middle initial is not required (I've tried unchecking, deleting, and rechecking, saving but no change)

When I go to make an airline reservation, my first middle initial and last are then still utilized for the reservation. This causes an issue in aligning with TSA and my airline status. Frustrating that I then either have to make a call to the airline to change or make the reservation via phone.

How can this be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@imcintosh I did notice that if I look at your profile from a site admin's perspective, your middle initial is listed there. Maybe ask your site admin to remove it from that profile screen and see if that updates to your travel profile. If you look in the Company Notes section of the SAP Concur home screen, you might find a link to request help. If you don't, let me know.

If you do get in touch with someone that can delete the initial, let me know it it works.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@imcintosh In looking at your profile and Travel Configuration, it appears that a setting is in place to not allow the user to edit the name in the profile.  You will need to reach out to your Concur Admin to help get that removed from your profile.  I can send you a private message with who that is if you are not sure

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
crystalreports
Occasional Member - Level 3

If your admins are automatically feeding Concur with profile information, make sure they are taking into account the removal of middle names from the source system. They would then need to blank out the middle name with $blank$ if using FTP.