cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraBock
Occasional Member - Level 1

Is there a possibility to block a hotel on Concur?

Dear community,

I use concur to manage the business travelling for my colleages. They had a really bad experience with a hotel in Paris this week.

Is there an opportunity to block a hotel in concur, so when we search the next time for a hotel in the same City, it will not be shown anymore as a suggestion?

Hope you can help, the hotel had bedbugs...

Best regards

Sandra

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SandraBock In the Travel Rule builder you can tell the system to not show results for certain vendors. What is the name of the hotel? Let me see if it appears in the vendor list supplied by the Travel Rule builder. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SandraBock

Dear Kevin,

thank you for your response! I actually don't know where to find the Travel Rule builder to be honest. Could it be that maybe I do not have the rights to do this and that's the reason it is not showing? Is there maybe a step-to-step guide? 

The hotel was "Timhotel Paris Gare de l'Est [HRS Clean&Safe]".

Best regards

Sandra

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SandraBock there is a very good chance you don't have the permissions to make these changes. Let me see if that hotel comes up in the list of vendors in the Rule Builder. If the name doesn't, we would need something very unique to look at in the hotel description to block it without blocking other hotels.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SandraBock

Thank you Kevin!

crapprover12

I also need to do this with a Hotel.   Can you advise what action you took or how you resolved this? 

@crapprover12 if you have access to the travel rule builder screen, you can select Hotel from the Template drop down field. Click OK. Next click Add. From here you will see a list of conditions with checkboxes. Look for "Hotel property is one of". Check the box. This will make the condition appear below the list of options. In the field you will need to enter the hotel property ID. Click Save. Next, go to the Travel Admin screen. On this screen look for Hotel. You will see an Edit link. Click the link. On the next screen,  you will see the rule you created. Be sure to check the box next to the rule to activate it. Then, using the drop down, select either Hide or Show but do not allow. Click Save. 

That should do it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@crapprover12  - in addition to what Kevin already shared. You can also add the vendor to the exclusion list. Here are the steps. 

To exclude a vendor kindly follow these steps:

1. Click Administration Company > Company Admin

2. In the Travel Administration section of the left menu, click Travel Admin, the Travel Policy Administration page appears

3. Click the Travel Vendor Exclusions tab

4. In the Travel Configuration list, select the desired configuration, the page refreshes, showing the excluded vendors for the selected configuration

5. Look for the desired vendor Air/Hotel/Car

6. To hide the vendor from the search just Click on the box next to the vendor 

7. Click Save Settings

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
crapprover12

@leedau I went in to look for the Hotel section and it looks like you can only block at macro level. For example I couldn't find thedarcyhotel.com  in any of the lists. We're trying to block properties which charge 'resort fees' in addition to the nightly rate, the resort fees do not get quoted when booking but show up when checking out. 

@crapprover12 if you know the property id, you can prevent it from being selected. You want to use the Hotel property is one of then enter the ID. Now, your next question might be, where do I find the property ID? That was my question as well. There is something called Hotel Fixer and the GDS logs will show the property ID. I'm not familiar with either of these. They are just what I was told. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey