cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maciej_ba
Occasional Member - Level 2

Identification of the travel template based on the travel rule.

Hello Community!

Sometimes I am having problem with identifying which travel rule template the certain rule in the rule class is using. 

There is multiple travel rule templates visible in travel rule builder and usually, they have checkbox next to the rule class in which they are used. 

What I am struggling to do is to go to the particular rule class, find the rule that is enabled and see from which template it is created. 

I want to find the template so I can delete the rule completely, not just deactivate it, since when you only do that, it will still be visible in the rule class - it will only be grayed out. 

Keeping rules out of the rule class make it easier to navigate and maintain those that remain. 

Any suggestions on how I can approach this without going to each of the templates and checking? 

1 Solution
Solution
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@maciej_ba The feedback that I received is that the general rule is when you look at a rule in the rule builder section and you see the checkbox ticked for a rule class, it means the rule is used in that rule class as created in the rule builder. If the check box is unticked for a rule class, it still means this rule is used in that rule class but some default values were modified, e.g. the rule builder shows threshold of 100USD for the LLF, but in the rule class itself they changed it to 150 EUR because the rule is used globally. It still shows that rule in the rule builder but the checkbox is unticked.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@maciej_ba Hello.  Thank you for posting in the SAP Concur Community.  I am looking into your question.  My initial response is that there is not an easy way to identify when looking at a rule, which Rule Builder template it came from unless the naming convention of the Rule Builder name is well defined.  I will come back to you with any feedback I get from our team.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@maciej_ba The feedback that I received is that the general rule is when you look at a rule in the rule builder section and you see the checkbox ticked for a rule class, it means the rule is used in that rule class as created in the rule builder. If the check box is unticked for a rule class, it still means this rule is used in that rule class but some default values were modified, e.g. the rule builder shows threshold of 100USD for the LLF, but in the rule class itself they changed it to 150 EUR because the rule is used globally. It still shows that rule in the rule builder but the checkbox is unticked.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps