cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tflee
Occasional Member - Level 1

How do I dispute a room rate?

A coworker in I were booked in the same hotel but relocated after second night after experiencing some issues to a different property in the same chain.  When I saw the bill I noticed the the second night was at a higher rate.  When I asked my coworker they said they were changed the same rate both nights which is what I was expecting.  When I called the hotel I had checked out of and asked about the higher rate the second night I was told that my charge was based on "corporate discount rate" based on the normal nightly rate that can change nightly.

This is not what I ever experienced except when a variable rate was noted at the time of booking. 

How can I dispute this?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tflee since this was a hotel charge, you would need to dispute it with them. I know you already spoke with them, but maybe you'll need to call them back and ask for a manager/supervisor. It's not a good look for the hotel to move your room due to their own issues then charge you more. If the hotel won't fix it, you might need to call the hotel chain's general support line and get someone on the phone high enough up to make it right

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tflee since this was a hotel charge, you would need to dispute it with them. I know you already spoke with them, but maybe you'll need to call them back and ask for a manager/supervisor. It's not a good look for the hotel to move your room due to their own issues then charge you more. If the hotel won't fix it, you might need to call the hotel chain's general support line and get someone on the phone high enough up to make it right

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.