cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrotar
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hotel sorting with chain discounts

My DMC is struggling to sort the hotels correctly when we pull up a location, and I need help. We have negotiated rates with preferred hotels, and we also have discounts with a couple of chains. However, I don't consider the chains "preferred" for the purposes of sorting, they are just discounted rates for the whole chain. We would like for our negotiated rate preferred hotels to be first, and then sort by distance from the office. This was fine until we added a chain discount. Even when it isn't marked as a "preferred" chain, it still shows all the hotels from that chain within 30 miles before it shows the hotels that are closest to the address. You can imagine that in places like Orlando where we don't have an office or a preferred hotel, I have 4 pages of Hiltons before a single other hotel appears. Travelers don't know why the hotels closest to their clients office aren't showing up, they just assume Concur doesn't work, so they don't want to use the tool. How can I sort just by preferred hotel, without including the chain discounts in that sort?

3 REPLIES 3
ziesemerjm
Occasional Member - Level 1

We also have preferred hotels and chain discounts.  We do not flag our chain discounts because it was affecting the search results.  Are you sorting your hotels by  1. preferred 2. price 3. distance?  

adrotar
Occasional Member - Level 3

We sort them preferred, distance, then price. Normally we don't have the option turned on that allows any hotel to list a price for our company, because "poacher hotels" list a price in their system under our company name even if they are not a preferred hotel. Of course, our travelers see a our company's name on a rate and assume we have a relationship with that hotel as a preferred supplier, even if they aren't marked as a preferred property. This is particularly an issue in places like Tijuana where we are very picky about where people stay and all our preferred hotels have to pass safety inspections. In order to still have the preferred chains show our price, we had to turn on the option that allows for all poachers to show up as well, which isn't ideal. It would be great if we could sort by preferred hotels separately from preferred chains. 

LisaBuck
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

You can have your Chain discounts set u pas Not-preferred so that your discount is applied but the chain discounts are not considered in the sort.