cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasrsc
Routine Member - Level 2

Hotel Filter by Rating?

A traveler had remarked that someone can't filter hotels based on the star rating (Concur uses Northstar ratings). I swear I had seen it, but I just checked now and you can't filter dynamically. There's also no setting in the travel config to set a min/max value. 

Maybe it's because most other sites I use, have a filter by rating in them and I'm getting confused.

There are some issues with this as it's not user based but Northstar based. Some hotels have no ratings, etc...

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this could be useful?
Can you think of caveats?
It's a pity that Concur couldn't maintain their own use ratings for hotels. Lord knows they have enough customers and that way, it's "corporate business travel" based (for the most part) and not skewed by vacation travel reviews. Just musing.... 

12 REPLIES 12
Dan_travel
New Member - Level 1

My clients find it frustrating also. However you can search using the app by star rating which I discovered Today, so it the app can do it; web based surely has to have the capability. Unless the app isn’t pulling from the GDS

ngatran
Occasional Member - Level 3

Does anyone know how to fix the star rating in Concur?

We found some 0 star rating hotels display on top of the search also. Can Concur block the content from 0 star hotel?

One example is Guo Ji Yi Yuan (Beijing) has 5 stars in Concur however I can’t verify from Google that this hotel is 5 star. 

Someone said Concur get the hotel rating from Northstar, is there a process in place to share feedback with Northstar to enhance their data input?

Can someone from Concur address this query please?

Nga

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran here you go. You would need access to the Travel Rule Builder screen to create the rule. You can certainly hide results if the hotel rating is less than a designated amount of starts. I provided two screenshots for you.

If you do not have access to these screens, you'll need to get in touch with those at your company who do.

KevinD_0-1717528915830.png

KevinD_1-1717528939078.png

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ngatran

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your advice.

May I confirm that if we follow above rule setting, we can hide the hotel with 0 star also?

Our Concur admin said that it's Concur limitation so we can't hide 0 star hotels.

I will ask him to check above steps if it works.

Thanks

Nga

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran From what I read internally, the rule can only look at numerical values, so if a hotel has no rating at all, the rule won't apply. I'm not sure what the rule will do if the hotel actually shows a zero as the rating. You would need to set up the rule, find a hotel that actually has a rating of zero and see if it shows or not. If there are certain hotels you know have zero star ratings, I believe you can hide hotels by property.

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ngatran

Hi @KevinD ,

How can we hide hotels by property? Can you please elaborate further?

We searched hotel in Manila and saw few 0 star like Mystay Hotel BGC West/North/East appear on top of research which we don't recommend for our travelers.

Thanks

Hi @TriciaW 

New Concur Travel, the star ratings will come from the GDS

What is new Concur Travel? How can I know my company is on which one old or new) to know where they get hotel sources from?

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran there is a hotel condition called: Hotel Property is one of. You would need to enter the Property ID contained in the GDS. Here is our internal knowledge base article about this.

To set up a travel policy rule "Hotel property is one of" you need property ID of the hotel:

1. From reservation system (GDS) - if it is GDS hotel
2. From hotel vendor - if it is DC (direct connect) vendor

To find out the property ID of a GDS hotel, contact your travel agency or submit a case for Support.
To find our the property ID of a DC hotel, submit a case for Support.
In both cases hotel full name and address are required.

1. Make sure Prefix Letters and Leading Zeros are removed from Property Id when adding it to the rule.
2. Requires Property ID to be at least 2 digits or the rule will not work.
    Example - "Hotel property is one of 8", "Hotel property is one of 08", "Hotel property is one of 00000008" - These rules will not work.
3. Workaround to set up rule for a hotel that has single digit property ID - Add single digit property ID with other property ID that has multiple digits starting        from 1-9 (the rule works for both the properties).
    Example - Below rule is for 2 hotel properties (100176 and 8 separated by a comma without any space) 
    "Hotel property is one of 100176,8 - Allow"

Thank you,
Kevin
ngatran

@KevinD This manual option only applies when we know the exact hotel that have 0 star when we see them when searching hotel. Is there a better way from Concur to block all the 0 star hotel (including the one that we don't know the name)?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran Not that I know of. I'm not sure if our new travel experience will allow for this or not. I will ask my travel contacts if they know.

Thank you,
Kevin
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngatran my Concur Travel contacts said that in our new Concur Travel experience, we will display hotels with a zero star rating, which means the rule about ratings will exclude those listed with zero stars.

Thank you,
Kevin
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ngatran @KevinD In addition to what Kevin advised regarding managing the star ratings by rules, SAP Concur's 3rd Party trusted partner, Northstar Travel Media does indeed provide the Star Ratings currently in Concur Travel.  If a hotel star rating is in question, the hotelier can send an email to Northstar Media to start a review process.

That being said, in New Concur Travel, the star ratings will come from the GDS.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ngatran New Concur Travel is the new version of Concur Travel.  Customers currently have the option of moving onto the new version based on a number of qualifications including TMC readiness.

In the new version of Concur Travel, when you see the Star Rating, you would be able to click on the link and see the GDS that it comes from.  

TriciaW_0-1717696741518.png

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator