cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sblink02
Occasional Member - Level 1

Former Manager Receiving Booking Emails

A former manager of one of our employees is receiving emails whenever the employee books a hotel/travel. His current manager, however, is not receiving any emails. Neither the former manager nor the current one are listed as delegates. We are trying to figure out 2 things:

1) Why is the former manager receiving notifications and how can we stop those?

2) Is there a setting for the current manager to opt in or out of receiving travel booking emails?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sblink02 if this isn't resolved yet, could you send me a private message with the following:

1. Name of employee doing the bookings

2. Name of both managers

To send me a private message, click my username (KevinD). You will see a button labeled Message.

Managers cannot opt out of email notifications that come from Concur Travel. The setting that sends these emails is an all or nothing. It either is on for all managers or off. Apparently your company has the setting turned on to Notify Manager of all bookings. You may ask your internal Concur Travel admin about this to see if it is really necessary to alert managers of every booking their employee makes since managers cannot opt in or out of these notifications.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
markblaskovich

We are having the same issue with Managers getting email itineraries of employees. Where do we turn this off in Concur? Thanks in advance.

@markblaskovich This is usually configured under your travel rules. The most common example is Itinerary Rule: "All Trips - Notify Manager" or in any of your rules where your rule action is Notify Manager. 

To view your rules,:

1. Navigate to Administration > Travel > Travel Admin
  2. Select Rule Class
  3. Scroll down to find the rule category and then click Edit on that section to view the rule actions configured

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
markblaskovich

Lee-Anne, 

Thanks for this reply. I was informed that there are no rules defined in the Travel side, so the Travel team believes this is an Expense issue. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere in Expense where this rule is set either.

MB

@markblaskovich this is quite the conundrum. Expense shouldn't control any itineraries from being emailed to managers as the itineraries come from Concur Travel. Do you have an example of one of the emails a manager has received? Maybe send a screenshot of it to me in a private message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@markblaskovich Do you have an example of what your are seeing? Feel free to black out sensitive data or send it to me via Private Message? It would help to identify the source. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
AMck

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Manager receives booking confirmations from one of their employees.

Dear @KevinD will you be able to support me in solving this issue?
Thank you
AMck

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AMck I can try and help. I will need you to send me a private message with the name of the employee and the manager receiving the emails. To send me a private message, click my username (KevinD) then the Message button. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
AMck

Thank you, I sent a private message.