cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesterw
Occasional Member - Level 1

Error Communicating with TripIt

When I go to Connected Apps in Concur, I see TripIt! listed. I click on "connect to TripIt" and enter my TripIt credentials and click Link My Accounts button. But I then get the error "Error Communicating with TripIt" and remain on the login page. This is NOT a bad password issue (an incorrect password yields a different appropriate error).

lesterw_1-1642071609428.png

Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lesterw I posted your issue internally to  our TripIt Slack channel. I'll let you know if I hear something. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
louisg
New Member - Level 1

Hello I'm having this issue as well

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@louisg is the email address you have listed here on your Community profile the email address associated with your TripIt profile? If not, can you private message me the email address you did use, please? To send me a private message, click my username (KevinD), then click the Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
efitz

Hi I am having this issue. My trip account says it linked to Concur but my Concur account says it needs to be linked but returns the error when I do. Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@efitz could you provide screenshots of where you see that the accounts are linked and where you see that Concur says they are not linked, please? This will help narrow down the issue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
efitz

efitz_0-1644270481974.pngefitz_1-1644270517053.png

efitz_2-1644270565211.png

efitz_4-1644270752128.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@efitz So, I believe that in the TripIt settings, you just granted access to allow SAP Concur to access TripIt data. I don't think that actually links the accounts.

Which leads us to you receiving the message about the communication error. This issue has come up previously and the information I received from our TripIt team is that this is a known bug they are currently working on. Unfortunately, they didn't give a time frame. 

In the meantime, When you book a trip, you can forward the itinerary email to: plans@tripit.com to get the trip loaded into TripIt. Then, when the bug gets fixed, you can link the accounts. This will then automatically send any trips you book in Concur Travel to TripIt. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
efitz

Thanks @KevinD ! Appreciate your help

derekmoon
Occasional Member - Level 2

Any update on if the issue is corrected...should I disconnect Concur from TripIt, even though you said its not a factor ?

Derek

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@derekmoon the issue has been fixed. Try linking again. If you still get the error, refer to this article: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000978579-SAP-Concur-Bugs-and-common-issues

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
derekmoon

ok, so I was able to get it to connect, but now when I go to use the PRO portion of tripit, it wants my credit card...in Tripit it says its connected to Concur

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@derekmoon are you using the TripIt app and are getting the credit card prompt? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
derekmoon

It happens on the iOS app and the website

derekmoon

I am at freelance contractor, I had access before with NBC universal… I’m attempting to ask my CONCUR administrator as well… Thanks for following up

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@derekmoon gotcha. If it gets resolved, can you post the resolution here please? It might help others in the future. 

If your Concur admin cannot help, I have an idea of what the issue might be. I'll await your outcome. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lesterw @efitz @louisg I've been informed by our TripIt team that the bug should now be fixed. Please try connecting your TripIt account to your Concur account and let me know if it works or if the error still persists. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
efitz

I am still getting an error

efitz_0-1644338795347.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@efitz okay. And the email you have here on your profile is the email you are using for the TripIt account, correct? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
efitz

Yes

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@efitz Okay, I was told to have you unlink from Concur, then try again. Here is a link for the steps on doing that: https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000978579-SAP-Concur-Bugs-and-common-issues

Give that a try and let me know if it works. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey