cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyla
Occasional Member - Level 2

Duplicate Air Ticket booking

Dear all, 

I'd like to seek for advice/ good practices to avoid duplicate booking in Concur.

As far as I know that for GDS Airlines, Concur is able to identify duplicate booking (same routes, same departure time) and block it from happening. However in Indian market, lots of the domestic Airlines are Low-Cost Carriers which are API connected, means each booking activity will directly flow to Airline and generate a new order - in such scenario, Concur will not be able to recognize and stop user from doing a duplicate booking.... 

Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid it from happening? 

Thanks.

Lyla

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lyla interesting question. We do have some airlines in the U.S. that are direct connect and are treated like the low cost carriers in India. My colleague thinks that the system will catch a duplicate booking with these airlines as long as it isn't withdrawn. I've never attempted because it isn't something you can test with direct connect airlines.

There is a setting within Concur Travel to detect duplicates. It doesn't prevent the user from duplicating a trip, but it does pop up a message to let them know they are duplicating a trip. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lyla interesting question. We do have some airlines in the U.S. that are direct connect and are treated like the low cost carriers in India. My colleague thinks that the system will catch a duplicate booking with these airlines as long as it isn't withdrawn. I've never attempted because it isn't something you can test with direct connect airlines.

There is a setting within Concur Travel to detect duplicates. It doesn't prevent the user from duplicating a trip, but it does pop up a message to let them know they are duplicating a trip. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Lyla
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD Thanks for the quick response.

May I please know more details on how to realize this detection of duplicates in Concur setting? Thanks./ Lyla

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lyla from what I found, it looks like you need to contact SAP Concur Support to have this enabled. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey