cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkkotsia
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cost Center Change

Hi, 
I am a L5 PM based in Seattle. I need to book a flight ticket in a different cost center and not under my team I am in. The company infomation is blocked to be edit from my end. My manager L6 cannot change it for me as well. What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @mkkotsia ,

Without specific knowledge on the setup for your company and the underlying process, it is difficult to provide guidance on this topic. My suggestion would be to reach out to your internal helpdesk team(s) / Concur administrator/ TMC and get guidance on how to book travel under a different cost center.

E.g. In our company, we can specific the cost object for booking during the booking process itself. This is then used in our accounting processes downstream. Hope this helps.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkkotsia Hello there. So, what I hear you saying is that the other cost center is going to cover the cost of the airfare, correct? If so, then you would change the cost center at the time you are adding this airfare expense to your expense report. You should be able to assign a different cost center to this expense either at the entry level or by using the Allocation feature. 

Before doing as I suggested, I would run this by your L6 Manager to see if they agree this is the correct course of action. I can only speak to the SAP Concur system capability and how it works, but I do not know your company's policies or procedures. That is why you should get L6 approval to do as I recommended.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.